bluegrd.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 23,938
Upvote 0

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Just a note here but blue clay can also be an indicator of good SILVER values - the biggest silver strike in the USA was due to blue clay, the Comstock Lode. Gold prospectors were panning gold and had lots of trouble with a sticky blue clay, someone took a bit of the clay to have it fire assayed, and the rest is history. I would send off a four ounce sample of that blue clay to have it fire assayed, you never know what will turn up!

"In the fall of 1859, two prospectors searching for gold uncovered the first significant deposits of silver. Peter O'Riley and Pat McLaughlin were more annoyed with it than pleased, for it was in the form of heavy blue clay, which made getting the gold separated very difficult. Some of the heavy blue stuff was still clinging to the gold that they sent to be assayed and an alert assayer in Grass Valley, California realized this was an extremely rich silver find in an unfamiliar form."
<from http://www.visitreno.com/vcity/history.php>

I hope you will keep us posted, and keep one eye peeled for shiny pebbles around that clay, they just might be diamonds!
Raw_Diamond_Octahedron.jpg

(Raw diamonds) :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
hmmm, you may want to get the book called,"lost river of gold" it is for sale at several places but i bought mine from in the Keene mining catalog. itis real reasonablely priced. it has maps and all. this river came upfrom S.America along the Cal. line and up to Canada/Alaska. you could have found another section of it. i think it would be worth the cost getting this publication, if not for its content, maybe just for the good read it has!

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
in california in the 1849er era - it was called " the great blue lead (leed)"
it led the 49ers to tons of gold in ancient river beds all over northern california.
if it got in the sluice box, ANY clay was called "gold robber clay"

I found my biggest nugget in 30 years of panning on top of a clay layer,
it weighed 58pwt, or 2.5 ounces! Nice chunk of high grade quartz and gold!

auferiously
rangler

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY ONE WANT TO HELP ME DIG OUT THIS OLD MINE?
BLUE LEAD
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• bluegnd.jpg
    bluegnd.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 5,653
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco said:
Just a note here but blue clay can also be an indicator of good SILVER values - the biggest silver strike in the USA was due to blue clay, the Comstock Lode. Gold prospectors were panning gold and had lots of trouble with a sticky blue clay, someone took a bit of the clay to have it fire assayed, and the rest is history. I would send off a four ounce sample of that blue clay to have it fire assayed, you never know what will turn up!

"In the fall of 1859, two prospectors searching for gold uncovered the first significant deposits of silver. Peter O'Riley and Pat McLaughlin were more annoyed with it than pleased, for it was in the form of heavy blue clay, which made getting the gold separated very difficult. Some of the heavy blue stuff was still clinging to the gold that they sent to be assayed and an alert assayer in Grass Valley, California realized this was an extremely rich silver find in an unfamiliar form."
<from http://www.visitreno.com/vcity/history.php>

I hope you will keep us posted, and keep one eye peeled for shiny pebbles around that clay, they just might be diamonds!
Raw_Diamond_Octahedron.jpg

(Raw diamonds) :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

you where right, silver. the assay turned up, 26 ounces of silver per ton with 2.18 g/tonne of gold.

Attachments

• silvertest.jpg
    silvertest.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5,135

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
WOW congrats amigo - silver has been running over $17 an ounce! YOU have a bona fide BONANZA buddy! :icon_thumright: Your clay is worth over $400 per ton! :hello2: :occasion14: :notworthy:
your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Oroblanco

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that clay deposit holds out for you and is not a small pocket. :thumbsup:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hey amigo - if the clay bed turns out to be a "lens" or pocket, don't let that discourage you because it is pretty much a certainty that there will be other pockets along that same drainage. Congratulations again bud, glad you have struck it! :icon_thumleft: :occasion16: :occasion14: :notworthy:
Oroblanco

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this pocket is huge, it goes all the way to the road about 300 meters down the hill, its a lighter color of blue but its there. i panned a nugget 10 feet below the spot i took the sample so you could imagine what the au would be if the nugget was in the sample.
i found a hiddeen bay on the ocean that has the blue clay, but it is soft , as if it was already worked, i think it is slag from the spanish who mined the second creek in the past.
:laughing9:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm said:
this pocket is huge, it goes all the way to the road about 300 meters down the hill, its a lighter color of blue but its there. i panned a nugget 10 feet below the spot i took the sample so you could imagine what the au would be if the nugget was in the sample.
i found a hiddeen bay on the ocean that has the blue clay, but it is soft , as if it was already worked, i think it is slag from the spanish who mined the second creek in the past.
:laughing9:

Time to bring in some heavy equipment and security it sounds like. :occasion14:
Congrats on the find.

GG~

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Ditto to the post of GoodyGuy - and it sounds like you are in for two things, one is a LOT of work mining and processing, and two you will end up financially set for life. :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :icon_thumleft:

It makes my day/week/month to hear that you have struck it rich buddy, I hope you don't mind if we tell our "skeptical" friends who just don't believe there is any gold or silver to be found? :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the spot i want to test, its on the oposit side of the mountain, this blue ground goes for over 1 km in the creek. when i said i got the nugget 10 feet below the test , i ment 10 feet streight down, closer to the bedrock. this was befor the loggers buried the hole.

Attachments

• bluegrd.jpg
    bluegrd.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 6,549

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
WOW that looks like a really hot spot amigo - you are giving me a really bad case of SILVER FEVER! ;D :o

I am speculating here but the gold might be more than enough to cover all of your mining costs, which would mean all the proceeds from the silver would be pure PROFIT $$$$$$$$. :hello2: :thumbsup:

The fact that the blue vein extends that far means MILLIONS amigo - make sure you stake your claims to cover the whole deposit, or as much of it as you want to mine.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about 3 years ago a big minning company blanket staked the whole area, about 20 miles wide by 60 miles long. the blue ground was in the middle of it.
:'(

lucky for me :thumbsup: i staked all the gold and the claims are in good standing. actuly my claim extends right over the mountain to the other blue ground. score :hello2:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm said:
about 3 years ago a big minning company blanket staked the whole area, about 20 miles wide by 60 miles long. the blue ground was in the middle of it.
:'(

lucky for me :thumbsup: i staked all the gold and the claims are in good standing. actuly my claim extends right over the mountain to the other blue ground. score :hello2:

Now you've got me going Hmmmm. What does that mean?
They have the silver rights and you have the gold rights?
Or your claims are on different ground ?

GG~

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of me as a needle in the haystack, i held the needle and they piled the hay around me. {they staked around me.}, sometimes it pays to stand your ground, no mater how dangerous it is. ::)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hmm wrote
{they staked around me.},

The "big boys" do this a lot, then wait for you to slip up on annual BLM filings. Now your story is even better amigo, for once the "little guy" won! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread