Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
hmmm said:
:hello2: Klondike
THAT IS VERY ITERISTING
my blue lead stream bed is uique,. it runs due south, it starts near the top of a volcaic crator, just in the troat where a sheer also runs north / south. the blue ground runs for about 2 km then it just dissapears, it looks like the end of a old mine. this is where it gets interistsing, the empty streambed flows for 2 more km then drops into the sea. it has beec cut off as is the land was cut in half. the fine gold FROM THE BEDROCK EXPOSED BELOW THE END OF THE BLUE HARD PANN is very unique. very rough edged.
Your description sounds more like a Kimberlite deposit that one from the Big Blue. Sorry for not reading all the posts in this thread before replying.

Kimberlite often forms chimneys in volcanic areas. It is noted for gold, platinum, iridium, osmium, palladium, and other heavy metal production. I haven't seen the entire analysis you had done, but the fact there is platinum, gold and silver concentrations strongly suggests something similar to a Blue Smoker found off the Souhern Oregon/Northern California coast line: known to be very rich in metals and sulfides.

Kimberlite is also noted for diamond production. It is possible some of the "quartz" crystals you are finding may be other than "quartz". Kimberlite is named for Kimberley, South Africa: a center for very deep mining of both gold and silver, but also platinum, palladium, etc.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Tuberale brings up an interesting point. I have only recently studied diamond prospecting, but I found this map on the Colorado prospectors forum which shows where the economic diamond deposits are found.

So far, economically viable kimberlite bearing diamond deposits have only been found in the Archons.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
hmmm said:
:hello2: Klondike
THAT IS VERY ITERISTING
my blue lead stream bed is uique,. it runs due south, it starts near the top of a volcaic crator, just in the troat where a sheer also runs north / south. the blue ground runs for about 2 km then it just dissapears, it looks like the end of a old mine. this is where it gets interistsing, the empty streambed flows for 2 more km then drops into the sea. it has beec cut off as is the land was cut in half. the fine gold FROM THE BEDROCK EXPOSED BELOW THE END OF THE BLUE HARD PANN is very unique. very rough edged.
Your description sounds more like a Kimberlite deposit that one from the Big Blue. Sorry for not reading all the posts in this thread before replying.

Kimberlite often forms chimneys in volcanic areas. It is noted for gold, platinum, iridium, osmium, palladium, and other heavy metal production. I haven't seen the entire analysis you had done, but the fact there is platinum, gold and silver concentrations strongly suggests something similar to a Blue Smoker found off the Souhern Oregon/Northern California coast line: known to be very rich in metals and sulfides.

Kimberlite is also noted for diamond production. It is possible some of the "quartz" crystals you are finding may be other than "quartz". Kimberlite is named for Kimberley, South Africa: a center for very deep mining of both gold and silver, but also platinum, palladium, etc.
:hello2:
hmmmm
that is very interisting.
there is a dike of what we thought was kimberlight up stream, in the center of the crator, unfortunitly its burried now, thank you loggers.
whats intristing is we pann fine gold about 1 km down stream from the end of the blue ground where the bedrock is exposed.
the gold is very course, but what is odd is the "pink sand "we get. it has very heavy quartz looking crystles in it. :icon_scratch:
have a look.

Attachments

• goldfine.jpg
    goldfine.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,494
  • pinksand.jpg
    pinksand.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,579

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Hmm, some of those look awfully close in clarity to the google image results for 'Alluvial gemstone images" such as this one:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/PJ011866.html

Look closely and see if you see the common crystal shape of diamond which is octahedral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octahedral

I would take a large sample to a geologist or gemologist and see what they say, or even send them off somewhere. Are you located near any of those archons I posted above?

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer said:
Hmm, some of those look awfully close in clarity to the google image results for 'Alluvial gemstone images" such as this one:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/PJ011866.html

Look closely and see if you see the common crystal shape of diamond which is octahedral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octahedral

I would take a large sample to a geologist or gemologist and see what they say, or even send them off somewhere. Are you located near any of those archons I posted above?
i am not located in any of those archons,
but i must be gettin close, i got a massive various yesterday, nearly whiped out the hard drive.
:-\

yubagold

Jan 10, 2011
I agree that some of those crystals have awfully symetrical sides. A simple hardness test may tell you what you have. I've got some industrial grade diamonds that I'll try to post photos of for comparison...maybe your gold and silver should be an afterthought to diamonds?

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yubagold said:
I agree that some of those crystals have awfully symetrical sides. A simple hardness test may tell you what you have. I've got some industrial grade diamonds that I'll try to post photos of for comparison...maybe your gold and silver should be an afterthought to diamonds?
:hello2: THANKS YUDA :icon_thumleft:
You may find this interesting, when we pann the blue hard pann in the creek, we dont find the pink sand, we get it from sniping the bed rock 2km below the end of the blue ground. note, but we are not panning the bedrock under the blue ground.
here is the interesting part, when we pann the bedrock, where we get the pink sand , we get a layer of quartz, then a layer of black sand, then ;D a layer of the pink sand. it is with the gold flecks, so it is clearly heavy, heavier then black sand , un fortunately it is to fine to do a hardness test.
hmmm
Here is pictures of the pink sand i dug up. the black sand has been taken out but you can see where the gold is in relation to the pink sand.

Attachments

• pinkpann.jpg
    pinkpann.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,475
  • pinkgold.jpg
    pinkgold.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,461
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2:
thanks for that astrobouncer, ill read it later.
have a look at the orange cube, also check out the quartz in the tiny gold fleck.
:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,357
  • goldquartz.jpg
    goldquartz.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,378

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting posts guys! This has me thinking now. Where I have been prospecting is in the same geologic area as the "crater of diamonds" in Ar. I have noticed that there is always a pinkish-blondish "sand" that mixes with the heavies and is very hard to get rid of. It also "taps" to the back of the pan with the gold. May have to see if I have any of those cons left sitting around.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice clear garnet right there, the orange rock Posted on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:38:30 AM Posted by: hmmm
You can even see some of the crystal faces, not far from the source I guess. :coffee2:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: nice eh
actually we have found lots of garnites in the bed rock.

Attachments

• assay.jpg1.jpg
    assay.jpg1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,255
  • assay2tn.jpg
    assay2tn.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,260

liseehw

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2011
Every other year we head out to the Island.. I think we are ready for another trip :)

We would love to come by and check out your caves.

Here is a photo of the cave we found last summer in the kootenays.

46210_411017942363_557472363_4602964_1357979_n.jpg

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liseehw said:
Every other year we head out to the Island.. I think we are ready for another trip :)

We would love to come by and check out your caves.

Here is a photo of the cave we found last summer in the kootenays.
your pictures dont work, you may need to shrink them first.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
25 years ago we found some blue clay , then we dug this hole , after 25 years it filled in. >:(
After 4 days of digging for the blue clay and we finally hit it,
;D what is cool is , we panned a dip in the blue clay and what do you know.
we got a gold fleck, cant wait to get to the bed rock. :laughing9:
:icon_thumright: pictures to follow :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• warreninclay.jpg
    warreninclay.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,122
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: PICTURES TODAY :icon_thumleft:
I spoke to a geologist, told him there is about 4 feet of rounded boulders on top of the blue clay. he said the clay could be millions of years old.
very excited to take a camera and get pictures see you in about 6 hours. :o
get this, the creek goes about .5 of a km past the hole, but a big mining company owned it, as well as 20 miles inland and 100 miles in either direction.
he let 10 units go and was going to just re stake them. 7 units had nothing that interested me but the 1 unit that takes in the creek had about .5 km of the richest blue clay. while he was staking 7 of the other units i got the 1 unit plus 2 units 1 km up the mountain that took in a mound of green granite. who said the little guy loses. if you know how to stake a claim in bc, you will appreciate how i got it, i went to the map and clicked on the unit 15 minutes before 10 am, this is when you can begin to stake. at 55 seconds to 10 i clicked acquire claim, i had 60 seconds to type in the authentication code, .5 seconds past 10 i typed in authentication code. put in my credit card and quickly staked the 2 unit green granite claim. 1 minute late,r i owned 3 of the 10 units and he got the other 7 units of barren ground. snooze you loose.
:wink: This means i now own 100 % of the old blue lead. ::)
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• granite.jpg
    granite.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,059
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PAST MY OLD CABIN
DIGGIN FOR BLUE CLAY
LEAVING WITH A SMALL NUGGET
;D

Attachments

• mycabin.jpg
    mycabin.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • theblueground.jpg
    theblueground.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,025
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,044
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,066
  • homeward.jpg
    homeward.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,013
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI ALL :laughing9:
:headbang: just a up date and a question. :help:
I am going to start a new post with the question, but i will post it here as well.
we have exposed a 10 foot by 10 foot section of the blue clay and are going to start to dig down on the next trip. my question is, the creek draw has walls at about 45 degrees and the creek bottom is about 45 feet wide. the blue clay is about 4 feet under the gravel and appears to be flat. does this mean the bedrock will be flat or will it be in a v shape ???
i hope this is clear.
Once we get the hole started we will get a camera and take more pictures.

Attachments

• bluebucket.jpg
    bluebucket.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 941

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would expect the bedrock to be generally flat except in areas where fractures, folding, intrusions, faults, and upthrusts have occurred. :tongue3:
In other words hard to tell without a survey of the site in person.

The gravel and boulders are most likely deposited from glacier run off creating an ancient stream or river bed and the density of the blue clay would have most likely prevented much of the placer gold from settling all the way down to bedrock. Therefore I would expect to see more gold in and above the clay than under it but you never know until you dig.

Even though the blue clay is not worth it's weight in gold, it is however quite valuable in it's own right as a healing medium depending upon it's radium content.

Blue clay is widely used in hospitals of Germany and Sweden for T.B. treatment.

The curative spectrum of blue clay is much wider in folk medicine: cancer, leukemia, adenoids, polypi, goiter, lymph nodes inflammation, anemia, headache, atherosclerosis, paralyses, nerve disorders, epilepsy, brain disturbances, otitis, eye inflammations, women’s diseases (mastitis, mastopathy, prolapses of the uterus, fibromyoma, polypi, cysts, irregular periods, vaginitis, different discharges), men’s impotence and testicles induration, diabetes, digestion disorders (gastritis, constipation, intestinal colic, enterocolitis, prolapsus of the rectum, piles), inflammation of the liver, jaundice, nephritis, urinary bladder diseases, heart disorders, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy, T.B., cough, blood spitting, rhinitis, antritis, nose bleedings, sore throat, skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis, erysipelas, warts), alopecia, rachitis, arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatics, spurs, injuries, varicose veins, bones and joints diseases, ulcers and so on.

From the ancient times people knew that blue clay doesn’t contain any bacteria.
It absorbs all liquids and gaseous toxins, odors and gases, and also kills morbific microbes.

Go for the gold
GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread