OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that GG
the area is not in the path of ice age glaciers and the boulders appear to be from the mountain behind. the clay is not clay, but a clay rich hard pann. it has very rough material, granite quartz ect.
:thumbsup:
i also think it was created by the movement of granite on the right side of a dike and quartzite on the other side. :wav:
i do think the gold will be on the bedrock because the mountain is a volcano , millions of years of movement and no glaciers makes me think that. :read2:
the creek flows due south and i now believe it is the start of the old blue lead.
:icon_scratch: which makes me think it will have the biggest gold as it will be the closest to the source.
:icon_thumleft: stay tuned , the next set of pictures will be cool, ill also get a close up of the hard pann blue lead. it is similar to the silver clay on the back side of the mountain. :headbang:

Attachments

• silverblue.jpg
    silverblue.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 945

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome,
Hope you strike it rich!

GG~

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIGGIN IN THE BLUE

Attachments

• bluehole.jpg
    bluehole.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 877

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love it! ;D Keep us updated. ;D

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
please keep us updated we want to find out where your story ends up :D

thanks for posting your find here it helps us all learn what we are looking for

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::)
3 weeks ago we had a massive rain storm and it filled in the hole. since we only can dig on weekends, it took till this weekend to re dig the hold. we are 9 feet down and still no bedrock. arrrrg :icon_scratch:
diggin for gold is like fishin,
:icon_sunny: its called fishin, ::) not catchen. :thumbsup:
dgi dig dgi dig dgi dig

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:
ok 12 feet deep and still no bedrock, arrgggg where is it, time is running out.
oh well, at least it holds the claim for another 2 years.
:laughing9: and thats a goods thing.
:help: its gettin hard to climb out of the hole.
good news , i am getting a new camera soon, shock water dust proof,.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:
Filled a 16 gig card and still cant get the pictures on the computer.

???

plugged the hole till the spring , be a good start for next season.
:coffee2:

Attachments

• capped.jpg
    capped.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 912
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 985
  • silverconcentrate.jpg
    silverconcentrate.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 971

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Hmmm. Excuse me for being a little negative here. But when I look at you plug hole photo, I was looking at a potential death trap. Better do some shoring up and place barriers around the hole to prevent the head knockers from rolling in the hole. :icon_scratch:
At this time you are prospecting, not looking for those Golden Streets. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Hmmm. Excuse me for being a little negative here. But when I look at you plug hole photo, I was looking at a potential death trap. Better do some shoring up and place barriers around the hole to prevent the head knockers from rolling in the hole. :icon_scratch:
At this time you are prospecting, not looking for those Golden Streets. :thumbsup:
waaaaa :dontknow: :dontknow:
arm chair diagnosis we speak.
doh

"While watching them walking the claim out and talking about how old the trees were at that location, I told my wife that was not going to be virgin ground. My gosh, it was obvious that was new growth. Those boys are from the Northwest and knew dang well they were not looking at Old Growth. "

when they logged the forest in the klodike they likley just burned the entire vally in prep for the dredge. the ground they have to work will likly never have been done. have not seen part 3 so i realy dont know much.

Attachments

• doh.jpg
    doh.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 808
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Sorry Hmmm, I didn't know you were an A$$hole. My bad.
:o OH DUDE, sorry for that, you where just trying to insure a safe adventure for me, sorry. did not meen to be a a ho. the picture i took was after a few floods and we dont intend to open the hole till next spring.
my comment about the old growth was to tell you you may be wrong about that comment. again sorry if i touched a nerve.
:icon_thumleft:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
No harm done Hmmm. Best of luck to you next Spring with your dig. I am just jealous that it is not mine. :thumbsup:

The reason I mentioned the trees, was because they kept referring to them as being old. It was pretty obvious that the largest shown on the TV screen were more like 30 to 50 years old. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
No harm done Hmmm. Best of luck to you next Spring with your dig. I am just jealous that it is not mine. :thumbsup:

The reason I mentioned the trees, was because they kept referring to them as being old. It was pretty obvious that the largest shown on the TV screen were more like 30 to 50 years old. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :thumbsup:
IT was my misunderstanding, i just watched episode 4, i did not realise they where so stupid as to dig where the dredge had already dug, doh. :occasion14:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IT was my misunderstanding, i just watched episode 4, i did not realise they where so stupid as to dig where the dredge had already dug, doh. :occasion14:

Hi there,

I'd love an update on your prospecting adventures. This is a very interesting thread.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, I'd love an update on your prospecting adventures. This is a very interesting thread. All the best, Lanny
http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/hello.gif Lanny time for a update you say. ok its sunny winters over , time to go open the hole and start over again. but first let me say, it sucks all my good metal detecting sites have been given to the local native tribe in a treaty, i love finding old European treasure left behind by visitors from the past. to bad its all treaty land now. they are just trying to hide the real history of the sound. as for the blue clay, we have done all our tests to see if it is safe for therapeutic use, most is, but some is not. there was a few shocks, . we had the clay tested for radioactive isotopes, the blue has no thorium radium ect. . the blue is fine for selling as cosmetic clay. funny how all you have to do is call it healing clay and you need to register it as a health product and pay thousands to do it. call it cosmetic clay and you can sell it 10 days before you register it for free. we have some small sales, but the best is the sales to some cruiseships. take a cruise and you may be using my clay. lets see what else. oh ya, i will be taking pictures of some places i was told to go see, keep a look out they are connected to this artical. The Tyee – Did Ancient Drifters 'Discover' British Columbia?

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! That was fast.

Thanks for the update. If you're selling ship loads of the clay, that's fantastic.

So, I imagine you're still trying to get to the bedrock to see if there's gold riding on it, right? But, the gold sounds like a very minor thing compared to your potential for selling the clay.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By the way, just read the link on Did Ancient Drifters Discover British Columbia. Fascinating article, and I can see why you're frustrated that you can't metal detect for artifacts--it sounds like there's a good possibility of interesting things being around for sure. As well, in an earlier post, I believe you mentioned the Spanish and their mining activities. That's something (early Spanish miners) that I don't believe has received enough earnest research either, as there appears to be reports Spanish artifacts, but there doesn't seem to be that much follow-up on the what, when, or where of there activities.

All the best,

Lanny

Hickory1

Apr 12, 2012
NE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tons of it on the river bank of a river I have panned....thinking I will return to pan it as I know it to be a natural "catcher of gold in a higher water situation; and here I thought it would just make pretty pottery! In my gravel pit, there is beautiful red clay which I have found garnets (at it's top layer), garnets, gold flakes, and tons of galena which is most always found with gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions