Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am a dummy what is mica or feldspar

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,180476.0.html

Read through all of that, he just had the opposite of you but still they relate, read it all and it should answer your question. :wink:

So to sum it up, black sand is not always were the gold is (there is simply no black sand to be found) yet often it is there. Hence the quote "Gold is where you find it". ;D

If this was not what your looking for I misunderstood your post.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear bildon;
Black sand, while being a great indicator of where gold SHOULD be, is not always accurate. I've located gold where there were no black sands and I've also located black sand deposits that didn't hide even the tiniest morsel of gold. However, for the most part, when you've located black sand you also stand a very good chance of being close to a gold deposit.

Therefore, the absence of black sand in your gold pan or sluice should NOT be used as a concisive indicator as to the contents of the fine yellow particles you are recovering my friend. If you have a sufficent amount of yellow particles, place them in a steel or iron dish and heat the bottom of the dish with a propane torch. If they melt and stick together to form a molten glob, then the contents are not either mica or feldspar.

Once the globule cools, you can proceed by doing a scratch test by making a yellow streak on a flat piece of black slate and then placing a droplet of nitric acid on top of the streak. If the streak remains unchanged by the droplet of acid then you have gold.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear EU_citizen;

You wrote:

"Gold is where you find it".

However, this is only a partial saying, my friend. The entire quote should be:

"Gold is where you find it, and wherever you don't find it, that is where you will find me". ;D
Your not having much luck finding gold friend;
LAMAR

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lamar indeed it is only a part of the saying.. "Gold is where you find it or where the other guy found it first." :thumbsup:

I am not finding much because there are no "rich" deposits to work down south Sweden.
(or very few that you can work freely)

SO that has to do with location in my case. ;D

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Eu_citizen;
Sweden, huh? Honestly, I was not aware that Sweden had any gold deposits, so this has been a very interesting and informative topic for me, my friend. I live in Bolivia and there are some significant gold deposits here, but on the other hand, you have access to fine restraurants and very beautiful gals, so I'd say that you and me are just about even.:-)
Your friend who would give up the Bolivian gold for a shot at them Swedish gals;
LAMAR

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lamar, yes we have gold but there are few people looking for the yellow metal, most prospecting here in Sweden is made up north for gold, diamonds, silver etc. :thumbsup:

Yes we do have gold down in south Sweden but there are few big deposits here, and even fewer who look for the deposits here down south. :thumbsup:

Hahah I can't deny neither pretty gals nor good restaurants... Both in one place.. Well I won't complain.
:wink: ;D ::)

Not many know of Swedish gold it seems, so I'm not surprised.. Sometimes not even the local people (the Swedes) know that there is gold in this country. 8)

Best Regards,
Eu

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I agree with Lamer…Nitric Acid will eat most everything but gold and platinum. I don’t know what strength of nitric acid you can get over there but buy as close to 100% that you can get. Sometimes when gold is exposed to nitric acid it will then be a rust color. Put it in a bottle with vinegar and salt and water and shake it to restore it to the gold color….

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I saw an article in ICMJ with people in sweden getting gold out of cobble bars I believe :icon_scratch: aren't those areas where gold is found from glaciers ?

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually I donno, but yes it would be logical.

Many do prospect in the rives just like you do in the US. Some look in the moraine and...
Well pretty much every where, I guess it's about the same here only fewer prospectors here. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread