Building a Shaker Table need some tips......

Chris In W Georgia

Oct 25, 2004
Building a Shaker Table need some tips......

I've searched and searched & looked at all the tables designs ect.. I'm building a full size table to run cons from my 6" Precision,the river I work has lots of 40 - 60 mesh gold and this 6" catchs quite a bit of -100 mesh also. I've run some of my cons that have been worked thru the green bowl 2 different times with different water levels & keep getting enough gold to run across a full size table. does anyone have tips or ideas for the mechanisim assembly?? Chris in W Georgia....

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Re: Building a Shaker Table need some tips......

well i think the biggest first step in making a table would be a good design for the table bed. do you have one? could you post it if you do? the rest of it is pretty straight forward.i.e. table base,basic mechenism for occilating the table back and forth but not an orbital motion.,and some sort of way to tile the table for various mesh material to be run.

OP
OP
C

Chris In W Georgia

Oct 25, 2004

The design I'm working with is from Popular Mining, volume 1. All the instructions are well written and easily understood,until ya get to the motion generator. The diagrams are very difficult to make out from the reprinted Popular Mining collection. I should have mentioned this in my original post. Thanks in advance Chris.... :thumbsup:

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B

I've never built a shaker table but have worked on many vibratory finishers for cast parts that work along the same principle. Generic or universal parts are readily available from an outfit named "McMaster Carr". the drive motor turns a V belt pulley. The V depth was adjustable to vary the cycle speed or how fast the vibration occurred. The other end of the belt drove a jack shaft that turned a chain drive. a second split jack shaft, with a rubber coupler between the drive gear and 1st pillow block, was mounted to the tub or in your case table with pillow blocks. On this shaft weights were mounted off center. The shaft ran through the weights , the hole through those weights were drilled off center so as they rotated the weight would be centrifugal thrown causing the desired vibration. The tub or table was mounted on rubber donuts that the mounting bolt did not pass through.
Explaining with only words is kinda tough to do.Wish I had some way to draw a picture on screen. I would suggest you try to find schematics for a "Vibra Hone" or some sort of vibratory parts finisher.I junked one two years ago because the rubber liner in the tub was shot and couldn't find a replacement. Never thought about a gold table. Best of luck Urb.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

I can't find the links right now,but there is a model GP4 and a RP4 that cost about $1999 and weigh about 60lbs.Also Angus McKirk has one I believe,may also have the plans.

OP
OP
C

Chris In W Georgia

Oct 25, 2004

Thanks for the replies. Urban Prospector ur idea sounds like what it needs... I'll post some pics as I build this table...Chris In W Georgia

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread