Grizzly Sluice III

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I have not tried this but I saw a demo video of it on youtube. Looks like it would work pretty well but it is pretty expensive. The only concern I would have would be the bottom part of the sluice becoming overburdened with black sand. But I have found that in some place even sluice boxes with large ripples can have this problem. But for the price that they want for this you could get an almost complete high banker (minus the pump probably) off of Ebay. I think that while it is a good design it is over priced, though I guess if you are in a rich gold bearing area and prospect regularly then it may pay for itself. I mostly use the Hex Pan gold pan after classifying. Good luck I hope this helps.

OP
OP
S

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Thanks for your reply. I thought the price was kind of steep too. I also just bought the hex pan and once I get the hang of it I think it will work great.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Yeah I really like the Hex pan. The one I have is one of the blue ones, and man is the gold in it bright in the sunlight. The way that I do it is I hit crevices and cracks and I classify it to 1/2 inch with one of the Garrett plastic classifiers. Then I pan it down to where its is probably 80% to 90% black sand then I wash all of the concentrates into a plastic peanut butter jar. That way I can hit has many as possible while I am out and not waste time on clean up. Good luck and keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread