drywashing

northoceanbeach

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2004
i was wanting to get a drywasher. now i haven't done this before but want to prospect in the desert so i thought a drywasher/metal detector combo would be perfect. so i'm not sure if getting a drywasher would be worth the money. is all the desert gold pulled out of the likely places? you know how the miners pretty much cleared out all the streams but is it like that in the desert? and besides that i know there is still soemthing left so how do you guys do with one? i want to be able to find a little bit to sell. and what kind would you recommoned for a one man operation that would be using it very often? thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:)? Hj:
If you, or, if you know someone, who is handy, go to:
www.tomashworth.com
;D? It's a great site!
There you will find "plans" for dry washers & etc.
? :o And! You might also consider, building a gas powered VAC !
Using those two in combination, will sure "up" your chances of finding gold!
And!
At a cost that you can control!
cptbil

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an old post from back in 2004. I wonder if he ever found any gold. Any of you old timers on this site remember him?

Last I heard (2008) he was going to get a Minelab sd and kayak from Ketchikan to see what he could find in hard to get to places. :dontknow:
As far as finding gold, he considered himself a treasure hunter and as such would have kept quiet about finding anything significant.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread