Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gold in Puerto Rico?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    pr
    Dec 2008
    Yabucoa

Gold in Puerto Rico?

Im just curious ..I ask myself about Gold in Puerto Rico rivers ...maybe Spain didnt take all the gold with them. Am I Wrong or Am I right? please if you have any thought about this just post it

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    634 times

Re: Gold in Puerto Rico?

yep theres gold in CR! i have a friend from CR that is on several different websites call BillCR that has a 10 inch gold dredge and he seems to think that there is gold in themthere creeks also!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2040 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Morning Russau-CR=costa rica not puerto rico! HeHe--ya need some more coffee this am. I've had a friend disappear in PR about 18 years ago?? Lotsa drug cash buried in 55 gallon barrels have been found in the past. Interesting topic--hope some PR folks postThanx-tons a au 2 u 2-John

us
    Feb 2008
    Kentucky
    White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
    10 times
    Prospecting and coin shooting

Hehehe. I noticed that CR thing, too! <-- for you, Rassau!!

My quick Google indicates that the Spanish did get gold from PR. They didn't get it all, so yes, there is gold there. Kind of like the '49's didn't get all the gold from CA here in the states!

Get out to some creeks and do a little test panning. Who knows, you might start another gold rush from Spain!

Keep us posted on what you find,

Lookin
    Lookin' and pickin'!

pr
    Dec 2008
    Yabucoa

Oh my God.. I am new to panning ...you know If you guys send me to the right direction to start step by step ...Ill apreciate it I know there are some kits but which one to buy? ...Hey there is always a first time

Delwin

pr
    Dec 2008
    Yabucoa

He means BillCR is Cabo Rojo that is the west here in Puerto Rico ...Hey guys I found some good panning kits on Ebay just let me know which one to buy and what do I do

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    634 times

[quote=Delwin79 ]
    He means BillCR is Cabo Rojo that is the west here in Puerto Rico ...Hey guys I found some good panning kits on Ebay just let me know which one to buy and what do I do
    no i didnt mean Cabo Rojo! John was correct! i goooooooooooooooooofed (its hard for me to admidt this!)up and had a seinor moment! now i drink 2 cups of joe before i engage my little pea pickin brain! but now that im retired i guess you can referance it to FOG! (friggin old guy)haha

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    634 times

John ive learned my lesson! before i get on the putor, i drink 2 cups of mud! haha

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2040 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I use 2 BIG cups a joe-1 aspirin--1/2 a vicodem--then I don't care about my senior moments(aka brain fartz)-Tons a au 2 u 2 russau--OOPS almost forgot now that I'm retired I refer to it as ******ed--it helpt to explain my erratic crotchity behavior and lack on continuity?John

us
    Feb 2008
    Kentucky
    White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
    10 times
    Prospecting and coin shooting

Delwin79,

You don't need to spend anything on a gold pan. Use whatever you have laying around before spending you money. Check this out: http://nevada-outback-gems.com/desig...n/gold_pan.htm

Once you find some color, THEN you can start dropping some cash for better equipment. Be warned, it will never end!! Hahaha!

Good luck,

Lookin
    Lookin' and pickin'!

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    72 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Delwin... I saw your other post about not having finances, and thought I'd chime in. I was told that you can even use a cheap aluminum pie pan to pan for gold. Just rough it up and bit and maybe put some scratches on the inside (without going all the way through), then have at it! As far as "how" to pan... just go on YouTube and look up "gold panning"

Bran <><
    Navy Guy likes this.
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

pr
    Dec 2008
    Yabucoa

Thanks both of you I have a question Do I need a permit to go to the creeks and do the gold panning? where do I have to go?

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    634 times

i dont know of any state that requires a permit to pan. all states are different! always check with the powers tobe for info on what you may do in a area! some state parks require a pass. or just let them know what your doing. and it always is predicated that you use a trowel not a shovel. so its very important to know the rules of where your at.

pr
    B.A.

Apr 2009
    xlt / eagle II sl /surfmaster pi plus / coinmaster

Delwin 79.....I just caught this post and am leaving the island tomorrow and will not be back untill September.I have a finca in Patillas . keep in touch and if your still here when I get back we could hook up and do some panning.
    B.A.

pr
    Oct 2011
    Prospecting

photo #1 placer gold from the island 20k plus
    photo #2 excavation from the past (colonizadores)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vial.jpg 
Views:	1732 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	576828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excavation.JPG 
Views:	1476 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	576829  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors