Gold in Puerto Rico?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep theres gold in CR! i have a friend from CR that is on several different websites call BillCR that has a 10 inch gold dredge and he seems to think that there is gold in themthere creeks also!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D Morning Russau-CR=costa rica not puerto rico! HeHe--ya need some more coffee this am. I've had a friend disappear in PR about 18 years ago?? Lotsa drug cash buried in 55 gallon barrels have been found in the past. Interesting topic--hope some PR folks post???Thanx-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Hehehe. I noticed that CR thing, too! :coffee2: <-- for you, Rassau!! ;D

My quick Google indicates that the Spanish did get gold from PR. They didn't get it all, so yes, there is gold there. Kind of like the '49's didn't get all the gold from CA here in the states!

Get out to some creeks and do a little test panning. Who knows, you might start another gold rush from Spain! :o

Keep us posted on what you find,

Lookin

OP
OP
Delwin79

Delwin79

Dec 25, 2008
Yabucoa
Oh my God.. I am new to panning ...you know If you guys send me to the right direction to start step by step ...Ill apreciate it I know there are some kits but which one to buy? ...Hey there is always a first time

Delwin

OP
OP
Delwin79

Delwin79

Dec 25, 2008
Yabucoa
He means BillCR is Cabo Rojo that is the west here in Puerto Rico ...Hey guys I found some good panning kits on Ebay just let me know which one to buy and what do I do :thumbsup:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Delwin79 said:
He means BillCR is Cabo Rojo that is the west here in Puerto Rico ...Hey guys I found some good panning kits on Ebay just let me know which one to buy and what do I do :thumbsup:
no i didnt mean Cabo Rojo! John was correct! i goooooooooooooooooofed (its hard for me to admidt this!)up and had a seinor moment! now i drink 2 cups of joe before i engage my little pea pickin brain! but now that im retired i guess you can referance it to FOG! (friggin old guy)haha

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: I use 2 BIG cups a joe-1 aspirin--1/2 a vicodem--then I don't care about my senior moments(aka brain fartz)-Tons a au 2 u 2 russau--OOPS almost forgot now that I'm retired I refer to it as retarded--it helpt to explain my erratic crotchity behavior and lack on continuity????John :thumbsup:

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Delwin79,

You don't need to spend anything on a gold pan. Use whatever you have laying around before spending you money. Check this out: http://nevada-outback-gems.com/design_plans/DIY_pan/gold_pan.htm

Once you find some color, THEN you can start dropping some cash for better equipment. Be warned, it will never end!! Hahaha!

Good luck,

Lookin

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delwin... I saw your other post about not having finances, and thought I'd chime in. I was told that you can even use a cheap aluminum pie pan to pan for gold. Just rough it up and bit and maybe put some scratches on the inside (without going all the way through), then have at it! As far as "how" to pan... just go on YouTube and look up "gold panning" :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
Delwin79

Delwin79

Dec 25, 2008
Yabucoa
Thanks both of you I have a question Do I need a permit to go to the creeks and do the gold panning? where do I have to go?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i dont know of any state that requires a permit to pan. all states are different! always check with the powers tobe for info on what you may do in a area! some state parks require a pass. or just let them know what your doing. and it always is predicated that you use a trowel not a shovel. so its very important to know the rules of where your at.

B.A.

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
xlt / eagle II sl /surfmaster pi plus / coinmaster
Delwin 79.....I just caught this post and am leaving the island tomorrow and will not be back untill September.I have a finca in Patillas . keep in touch and if your still here when I get back we could hook up and do some panning.

naranjo01

Oct 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
photo #1 placer gold from the island 20k plus
photo #2 excavation from the past (colonizadores)

Attachments

• vial.jpg
    vial.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,673
  • excavation.JPG
    excavation.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,764

naranjo01

Oct 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
savant365 said:
Do any of you guys have any luck detecting the beaches down there?

What Beaches are?
The only beaches I know is this beaches, my favorites, pick one.

The gold is not depleted in Puerto Rico, the fact is when the conquistadores discovers Mexico, Peru, etc. and the story of this places rich in gold make the conquistadores leave "the west indies" for fortune in this places.

Attachments

• Playa Sucia.kmz
    701 bytes · Views: 211
  • Flamingo.kmz
    693 bytes · Views: 101
  • culebrita.kmz
    693 bytes · Views: 98

B.A.

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
xlt / eagle II sl /surfmaster pi plus / coinmaster
I did a lot of detecting on the island beaches , and as always , hit the beaches where there are lots of people. I found the southern side to be tough ( lots of tabs,foil,canslaw,etc.) The north shore was pretty good. The sand moves ALOT and quickly. I also did some panning on my finca , but nothing of value turned up. But I did find lots of iron nodules,like bog iron. I had 3 streams on the property and after heavy rains the stuff would turn up like clock work. The only coins I found on the finca were from the "40s". But I did turn up some hand wrought Iron stuff. B.A.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions