Is this creek worth panning?

jerrync

Aug 26, 2006
archdale N.C.
you never know like they say gold is where you find it.I wouldnt pack in a bunch of stuff till i panned a little to find out

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
first question is has gold been found in that creek before? if so i say go for it, if not then hey, take a shot who know?

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
It's all worth panning. The discovery is part of it and it only takes a few minutes. If it's possible, I pan it in several different places.

meanderer

Greenie
Jul 3, 2009
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
my sister purchased a piece of land with a small creek on it. the neighbor said there is gold in the creek. we've decided to try our hand a panning. Nope neither of us has ever done it before. is this a good link on how to? I figure the best we hope to find is flakes the size of finishing nail heads. I need to see things done so that I can understand them better. thanks for the input.

meanderer

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meanderer said:
I figure the best we hope to find is flakes the size of finishing nail heads. I need to see things done so that I can understand them better. thanks for the input.

I'll take flakes the size of finishing nail heads anyday! It all adds up to the same, it just takes more time to fill your glass vile,, Good Luck

meanderer

Greenie
Jul 3, 2009
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Personally, I only wanted to know if the video shown was a good source to watch and learn. Since I've never panned, metal detected, or anything along these lines, I'm googling and youtubing to be shown how.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Parker :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meanderer said:
Personally, I only wanted to know if the video shown was a good source to watch and learn. Since I've never panned, metal detected, or anything along these lines, I'm googling and youtubing to be shown how.

Watch as many as you can yahoo is full of them (I've seen better vids then the one you posted) but the real learning is when you get the pan in your hand! What i tell people is this.........Get 5 or 6 BB's or some Lead shot and drop it into your pan with dirt........now just keep in mind what your trying to do is recover the BB's and work them to the bottom of the pan, Agitated, Swirl, the heavy stuff will work its way to the bottom......practice,practice,practice.

You will get the hang of it i no time.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
smash some small shot with a hammer and try to pan it with your sand, when you can get all of your shot back then you are ready to hit the river.

Dont forget to use a catch pan or a tub so you dont dump your gold back into the river.

meanderer

Greenie
Jul 3, 2009
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
thanks!!! sounds like I need to get a practicing. I look forward to getting proficient enough to go to the creek. Thanks! :read2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread