Visit to the Mokulume river

deathray

Greenie
Mar 8, 2009
Hey Rick, that was ELECTRAfing!(inside joke)Anyway, pm me on the Cali site, I'd like to leave ya my number.I'm in Valley Springs, wanna talk to you about a spot near here if your interested.Good luck to ya-Ray

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
G'day Rick, Yer it is always nice to get to a river weather one is golding or not. Good food for the sole just checking out nature & the mood of the river etc.

Kiwi JW

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
G'day Dave, How are you mate?? I was up a local creek last week doing a bit of prospecting. Took in with me a little dolly pot, sieve & panning gear. The area was supposed to have had visable gold in the quartz & the little creek has heaps of float in it so took my chances that I could pick a few pieces that would be favourable as I walked up to the old mine & stamper site. Lucked out on any colour from crushing stone but found a few spots with colour just panning the stream gravel. I walked as far as I could to a spot where the creek gorged real bad & I couldnt go any further without going for a swim. Couldnt even walk up & around. I cant have been far from the mine as there were old rusty mine cart rails in the creek & quite a bit of sugary quartz. BUGGER Then on my way back out & only 50 meters from my wagon I slipped on a rock crossing the creek & barked my shin a beauty. I am now nursing 10 stitchers & have had to watch a beautiful weekend weather wise go bye & no hope of getting out for a fossick. I HATE THAT >:( >:(

Regards

John (JW)

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
JW,
Sorry to hear about the leg....I did the same thing (minus the stiches) on the Downieville claim....thought that sucker was broken for a minute.

Dave,
There are some concretions and Tertiary gravels there....reasonably good gold if you work for it.

Rick

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
G'day Dave, Yer I have been a bit active online at the moment. What else is a gold deprived bloke supposed to do when he is laid up with 10 stitchers in his leg & cant get about too well. Just got back from the quack for a check up & it looks like I have an infection in the wound now. BUGGER ??? ??? Wont be gettin out this weekend either. DAMN
Dont suppose you have a contact for Ross from Jack Langs old forum??

Happy golding

JW

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hurthawk said:
JW,
Sorry to hear about the leg....I did the same thing (minus the stiches) on the Downieville claim....thought that sucker was broken for a minute.

Dave,
There are some concretions and Tertiary gravels there....reasonably good gold if you work for it.

Rick
Rick you misunder stood Dave....East Bay Municipal utility district(M.U.D.)owns the majority of the land around the Moke,and most of it is off limits to even hiking even miles from the water.Dave is probably the most knowledgeable gold grubber you will have the honor to meet in this country :wink:Dave I dont think East Bay has anything in that strip,as there has been "Claim",signs posted,I heard that that ground couldnt be claimed the signs were a bluff......but I havent been able to get an answer.I know PG&E used to run guys out but dont any more.

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi Dave, Is Ross on finders forum?? If so do you know is forum name??

Thanks.

Regards

JW

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent many summer days dredging down Electra. Nice bedrock down there..Nice gold too!!

Cooter

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
G'day Dave, No worries mate. You & Ross had some damn good posts back & forth. The two of you were keeping that forum going for quite a while. It was good to have the chats on hard rock gold as not many are in to that as it requires a lot more labour & the rewards, if any, not always straight in to your hand.It has been good to track you down but I havnt come across Ross anywhere.
What are you up to these days on the prospecting front??

Regards

John ( Kiwi JW)

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
John,nothing at all doing on the prospecting front.Once in awhile I crush and pan samples for friends/strangers.don't charge them a thing......My young partner is Kuger,who posts here and other forums.But it seems he's into relic/coin hunting and in the warmer weather he dredges,so not much time for the hardrock sampling.Besides my body is really falling apart and any diggings would have to have easy access.Would love to find such a spot in the local motherlode area.Another local chap has been bringing me samples and asking lot's of ??????...but who knows if he's serious as he wants only highgrade and in a hurry.I miss doing that stuff,but the circumstances would have to be right for me to get involved at this time........Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions