Indiana gold panning

treasure 06

Greenie
Oct 15, 2005
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in southern Michigan ( near Detroit) and would like to pan for some gold as close to me as I can find some. I know that there is glacial gold in Indiana, which would probably be the closest place to try. Could anybody give me some specific locations in Indiana where I could try to find some of the yellow metal. I am an experienced panner and would like to take my family on a weekend camping, panning trip to Indiana this fall. I would like to go to a place that everyone can find some color, even if they are relatively inexperienced panners. Thanks!

Upvote 0

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a creek by you that you can dig on? Well if there is thats your best bet... gold is everywhere you just have to get to it.. :headbang: :headbang:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Since most of the gold in these parts is glacial drift gold make sure you use VERY fine screens when panning:)

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and pan very slow taking your time, flour gold will slip right out of your pan, if to fast or sloppy... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build a homemade highbanker or sluice with only carpet and run your sand through it after you screen it down to help the flour gold recovery... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,286
  • SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,776

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread