NEED HELP!!!!

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Heading up to a GPAA claim on Friday and was wondering if anyone knew if the creek on the claim is running....It's in CA, in Toulumne County, and called "Cat Lady. The description in the mining guide says the creek is normally running but it's been really dry... I'll be using my MXT but would like to do some crevicing also which requires me to have water to pan...If no water, I'll head off to my old standbys "Slim Pickens" and "Canyon Chaos."

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
GPAA doesent like the locations of their claims given out over the net! you should have known better! as a matter of fact if someone is on the property removing mineral,gold,silver etc. and dont have a GPAA club membership card and the GPAA prospecting permit, and the mining guide with them,cant they be arrested for mineral trespass ??? i dont think i personnaly would want to get myself into that position!

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I'm a GPAA member not a claim jumper...Just looking for some info. sorry... I took out GPS location of the claim from my original post. Now can anyone help?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i didnt think you were! but thankyou for removeing the cords! its the other people that arent members that could/would think that they could remove/take from this claim. hope you do well at this location! sorry i cant be of some help or assistance to you!

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
No problem....Just thought the exact location might help someone unfamiliar with the claim give me an update on the water situation. Next time I will be more general about the location of the claim.....

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might try a call to the fish and wild life office in that area,or forestry office.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Killerwine, I notice that you are in Visalia, I'm up in Fresno. I am also a GPAA member (as of this year), and I would love to get out to one of their claims. I have yet to get up to that area, but am just dying to get up there. I would love to speak with you more on your GPAA experiences, and who knows maybe we can meet up out there one of these days. I have sent you a PM with more details.

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
keverett said:
Killerwine, I notice that you are in Visalia, I'm up in Fresno. I am also a GPAA member (as of this year), and I would love to get out to one of their claims. I have yet to get up to that area, but am just dying to get up there. I would love to speak with you more on your GPAA experiences, and who knows maybe we can meet up out there one of these days. I have sent you a PM with more details.

I emailed you back....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
one thing i do when im trying to find out something about a area. i call the local fire department and ask those guys. they are all over the area and know just about everyone."usually" they can and will help you out. plus theyll know where the good places to eat are. hope this helps you out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread