Beach Gold

Brea

Oct 23, 2005
Hello every one. Im the new guy Ive been a prospector for several years,mostly inland. Iwould like to try my hand at Beach mining over on the coast.I live in Roseburg OR.were about 85 miles east of coos bay.Ive read about gold on the coast but not sure of any good locations .If any one would like to bestow on me a good place to go I would greatly appreciate it .

Brea

Upvote 0

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
Hello, I live in Myrtle Creek. From what I've read and heard, south of Coos Bay will yeild your best results. Lots of beach gold has been found in the Gold Beach area. Hope this helps.
Glen

OP
OP
B

Brea

Oct 23, 2005
Thanks Glen

I think ill try to narrow it down a little. I do believe your right though. Baybe i can read a few mining links and come up with a place or two.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
I've hearad stories both ways on if its OK or not. I don't k'now whose jurisdiction this falls under. I would check with BLM or the Forest Circus as long as your not wanting to mine on State parks land. Some beaches might even fall under the city if your close to town. I can't see any reason they would'nt let you work a beach. The first time the tide came in all evidence that you were there would washed away. Good luck on your ventures.
Glen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread