Bounty Hunter 505
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!Go to jail,do not pass go,big fine,ruin your vacation.Go to the merced,tuoloume,american,mokelume,small creeks but NEVER in that forest!!John ::)

G

gubelube

dont know much about the places to go or if it is leagle in the seqoias but i just got into dredging and been to keyesville finding some color not much yet the orange county 49ers have a claim at black gulch and i did some panning as aguest while they dredged and they got quite a bit of gold in few hours joing them soon since its close to me im from bakersfield

Yosemite Sam

Greenie
Mar 26, 2004
National Parks and National Forests are off limits (illegal) to pretty much take, dig, alter, destroy anything. State Forests are legal to pan for gold on, but you need to make sure that you are not on somebody's claim. Placer claims (20-40 acres) should have some kind of distinct marking such as corner poles or metal tags on the trees. You can check BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Microfich and Microfilm at any BLM office for boundries and claims that have already been staked. If you are just panning you can probably get permission from the claims' owner for a day or two. You might also check with GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America) if they have any land in the area. They would probably let you pan for the day and check out the club.

Sam

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think they confused national park (take nothing!) with national forest ("Land of Many Uses") where you usually CAN prospect and mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread