flakes found

S

skwiggler

hello everyone. I'm new to this site. I was hoping some of you who are more experienced in this field could help me. We have a creek that runs along the side of our home. Yesterday, after a heavy rain my son and nephew were playing out in the creek, they came in to get a container and brought back a rather large container with about 50 flakes of gold in it! This looked like the same stuff that is in Goldenslagger! I had it tested today by a local jewler who confirmed it was indeed gold. Now what do I do? Do I travel the creek looking for the "vein", do I pan it, I am at loss. I must also say that my husband and I went down to the creek yesterday also, and we took a pie pan and sure enough, we found more than a few flakes ourselves. Is this unusual? Could we be sitting atop of a lot of gold? Thanks for any input any of you may have. Md.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each stae is totally different.First keep it quiet #1 rule. You can do a lot on private property in almost all states.Otherwise it can get complicated.What state and area are you in.Thats as close as need be to be of assistance.NE Calif,SE Nevada etc??Tons a au 2 u 2-John :o

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Where abouts do you live? I can help pan that out if you like !!! :) :)? ?Seriously though, get ahold of someone locally who might be able to help you see if there are any claims to this site...if not, I would recommend that you stake a claim to the mineral rights as soon as possible.. you might be on top of a fortune there, and in the mean-time keep it on the down low, you don't want anyone trying to jump your claim. Good-Luck! And please post some pics, I love to see pans of gold!!! Cheers! :)

krdigger

Jan 30, 2005
Get yourself a classifier and a gold pan at the very least. If there is a bedrock bottom to your creek look for the crevices in the creek bottom. The crevices act as a natural sluice. pan the material from these crevices. The gold will collect with magnetic black sand. Pay attention. Here in Indiana diamonds can occasionally be found with the magnetite and gold as diamonds also have a high density. The diamonds can occur in several color variations and should have a slick feel to them. I have found several flakes but nothing of a paying quantity. The gold may also be found in quartz pieces. Best of luck. sounds very exciting. Might be worth while to search with a metal detector using a small sensitive coil. What state are you in? Would keep your find quiet unless you want a whole lot of company.

P

parttime_miner

These guys never came back and told us what happened. >:(

Maybe they STRUCK IT RICH. ;D

or, maybe they dug a nice hole for a pond? ??? :P

P

parttime_miner

Ok, after thinkin a bit...

I bet they are busy chasing that local jewler off their property...

(or, was the creek even "ON" their property?)

Reminds me of a story... Last summer I was walkin along side a known gold bearing river... Just enjoying the sites.... and a sparkle grabed my eye... I looked down on the bank next to my feet... I fanned the silt off the roots there, at about 1 inch of water... and out popped a nice size flake... not too thick, but very wide... ;D...
Too bad it wasnt my claim!

Gotta love gold country...

Z

zeuss69

The gold comes down the creek so the vein would be up the creek.So then the best thing to do is test pan up the creek as far as your allowed (your property line) and see if you still get gold if so the vein is further up stream.If not the vein is on your property!!Now if the vein is up stream.then buy a dredge get down to the bed rock and clean it up.wait a few rain storms and do it again!!Congrats on your fine!Hope your pan stays full.Keep us updated on it and post some picks when you get some.If i may ask what state are you in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread