Concentrating Table, Shaker Table

gold_mine

Tenderfoot
Dec 13, 2005
Southern California
I'm looking into building a shaker table this winter.

Does anyone have any plans or pictures of a gold concentrating tables. I figure building the table is easy (make a clay mold and use liquid plastic) and by me doing the table myself, I figure i can play around with different table designs.

I know there at least 3 types of movements used on tables, a shaker, an inertia bump and a vibratory table. It would be great to see as many types as there is.

The problem I'm having is, How does the motor hook up work on these different tables? If anyone has any pictures or drawing of how the motor is hooked up or how they work, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would of thought there would be allot more information on these tables on the internet, since they been around for a long time but then again maybe I?m using the wrong search engines.

Everyone, Have a wonderful Chrismas and a Happy New Year.
gold_mine

Upvote 0

steppegold

Greenie
Dec 17, 2005
gold_mine,
There are excellent plans of a shaking table that is hand-driven, can be built yourself, is portable and cranks out gold. It cranks out gold just as good as a standard motorised unit.

To read about it go to:
http://www.bgs.ac.uk/scripts/dfid/database/fulldetails.cfm?id=81

Then download the COLOR version of the report (5466 kb):
Title: The design, construction and testing of a simple shaking table for gold recovery: laboratory testing and field trials.
BGS Report no: WC/97/061

We are right now planning to build one!
Once we've built it, we'll post info on it at:
http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-viewthread?forum=2&thread=304

good luck!

Steppegold

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
My guess would be .. that the motors are connected to a piston and cam set up.. but what ratios and speed i am not sure .. that would have to be to your specifications.

best of luck and give us some results of the good the bad and the ugly once you have tested it ...

Best of luck

Axgar

OP
OP
G

gold_mine

Tenderfoot
Dec 13, 2005
Southern California
Hey steppegold, That was an excellent link.

I would think that table is an an inertia bump table and it looks easy to build. Don't forget the Rubber Band when you build it.

I'm in the process of building a different kind right now but i will be building this one too. You can't have too many tables.

When i get my built and tested i will also post pictures and let you prospectors know how it did.

Hey Axgar, I thinking about using a light dimmer switch and a 12 Volt motor to adjust the motor speed. A 12 motor would made it more protable to take dredging.

I'll never have to bring black sand home again! :)

Thanks
Everyone, Have a wonderful Chrismas and a Happy New Year.
gold_mine

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
Excellent Gold Mine...

WoW .. the dimmer switch is so simple and what a wonderful way to adjust it ... great idea..!!!

cant wait to see the pictures ...

feels my back aching from all the black sand i will have to lug this summer but it will give me soemthing to do next winter... hehehe..

Merry Christams to one and all!

thanks

Axgar

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: BGS Shaking Table - building it

I'm in contact with BGS and that's where I'll post update/progress etc on the shaking table design/construction.

Or contact me direct for info

cheers
Steppe Gold
~~~~~~~~~~~

A) Side thing, in using a Wilfey table, I increased the recovery of the fines greatly by simply floating a plastic sheet on top of the water at the inlet. It forced the floating fines under the surface where they were quickly trapped by the collectng bars.

Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills )

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RealdeTayopa, Maybe you can post a picture of the floating plastic sheet on top of the water at the inlet at,
http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-viewthread?forum=2&thread=329

I Think i know what you mean, but a picture speaks a thousand words.

Thanks
gold_mine
[/quote]

HOLA? Gold-mne? that was when i was up at the? Colorados between Sinaloa and Durango in old Mexico..? I just tacked a piece of light clear plastic so that it covered the outlet of the feed? for perhaps 1/3 of the table. nothing critical.? It just floated on the surface covering table feed.

Till Eulenspeigle -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread