My Deceased Mentor and Friend Gave me the Knowledge.....,

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
Thirty years ago my mining mentor started my prospecting education. He passed away 7 years past. In the last 3 years I finally got serious about some thing he had said in regards to a prospect that I had in the Mojave Desert. Actually what he said was two things. The first was forget about mining in the Calif Desert. He was right as will be shown next. I never have had much respect for those who want to shut down mining any where for the most rediculous reasons and outright lies construed as fact by those who issue them. I had to find out for myself just how right he was. The second thing he said was "This prospect for gold is the best I have seen in my career as far as potential for higrade gold. To bad you will most likely never be able to mine any of it." Now don't think I have'nt given that a lot of thought in the recent past. On a beautiful Spring day just recently (few years) I discovered what the Old Timers had missed. It is with regret , I had to modify my story to protect my mining interest. Too much info is evidently a liability these days. Maybe one day I will be able to tell my story with out retribution. Thank You , Hard Rock.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
I Truly expect Some may not believe my state ment regard my last post. It was written in the hope that others who read here will not give up hope. As I said "This is not over YET" UUUMMMM!!!

OP
OP
H

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
TEXAN Connection said:
So you cant do a claim What next?
What Do You ThinkII should Do?? You are probably RIGHT. I am not just letting it Go. I quit smoking, so I can't ask you to send Smokes in Jail!! LOL

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Id start pulling the night shift also, for that.
Its not like any one else is gonna get at it, Its Not stealing. It may be a short Vein anyway, who knows.
Might wanna get a Claim somewhere though, to say it was found there.

Might wanna delet this thread also.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Note many folks will get through the long post and no pics part anyway though.

God be with you!

OP
OP
H

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
TEXAN Connection said:
Note many folks will get through the long post and no pics part anyway though.

God be with you!
[/qThereis no way it will be found in my opinion. It took me several to trace it down with private Info. You can stand right in front of it..., Well it looks like it its no where a gold reef. I was extremely lucky to find it with determination. Don't want to post pictures, and you are right it was a long post. How ever needed to be said. I don't worry about the so called authorities, as they would probably try to higrade it for themselves. The richness of this reef in itself is in the 7 figures in the first 6 feet. I am a professional prospector. I am na lucky guy as I don't have to mine it. Just skim the top twice a year.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
You got to be vewy , VEWY quiet when you are hunting wabbits . Establish a claim wherever you can
for provenance . Whatever you can hump of this jewlery store rock in a back pack on random occasions will be darn good day wages from your established claim .
I'd also pull this post . Come back and visit us on all the other threads . We like your company ;D
Jim

OP
OP
H

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
truckinbutch said:
You got to be vewy , VEWY quiet when you are hunting wabbits . Establish a claim wherever you can
for provenance . Whatever you can hump of this jewlery store rock in a back pack on random occasions will be darn good day wages from your established claim .
I'd also pull this post . Come back and visit us on all the other threads . We like your company ;D
Jim
I like your style JIM, When I go hunting for that PARTICULAR type of WABBIT I'm So Quiet my wife does'nt even know I'm gone. Got's said claims And ain't it funny, same type of wok. Silly Wabbit!!! By the way I'm retired and drawing my SS. Thank GOD I saved all thosse years ago!!! Velly Silly WABBIT!! LOL with You! Hard Rock Hobbs

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Hard Rock Hobbs said:
truckinbutch said:
Jim
I like your style JIM, When I go hunting for that PARTICULAR type of WABBIT I'm So Quiet my wife does'nt even know I'm gone. Got's said claims And ain't it funny, same type of wok. Silly Wabbit!!! By the way I'm retired and drawing my SS. Thank GOD I saved all thosse years ago!!! Velly Silly WABBIT!! LOL with You! Hard Rock Hobbs
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: ;D :hello2: I fink we weally gonna wike u here on over fwreads .
Jim

OP
OP
H

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
truckinbutch said:
Hard Rock Hobbs said:
truckinbutch said:
Jim
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: ;D :hello2: I fink we weally gonna wike u here on over fwreads .
Jim
OOPS!!! I hope I haven't angered the Moderator Gods!!! Seriously, I should have read the READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING as I now believe This is the wrong forum. I appologize and ask that my post be moved to the proper spot. Thank You Hard Rock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIRE gold in quartz? You can multiply your money take on it by using acid to eat away the rock of chunks of material and leaving the gold as little "trees" with enough of the rock left to form a base. I've always heard that this kind of specimen wire gold is very, very valuable way beyond the value of the gold alone because wire gold is rare. And processing the chucks like this reveals beautiful forms in gold that resembles trees and lace coral. I've seen beautiful examples in the gems and jewelry magazines. These type specimens are sold at auction and bring big bucks. You could have a large pot of mullah in return for one backpack worth of material. Construct a "hide" for your gloryhole and go there a couple of times a year and liveth the goodth lifeth. :laughing7: Using nitric acid gets rid of the rock material while giving the gold a good cleaning. :thumbsup: Do some investigating into this technique and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just think of how much hard work mining you'll save while raking in a lot more money.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Bunch of pinko liberal environmental communist ... That's right , close off all of what God has given us in the name of what? I will tell you what, Nothing more than a scam, to keep honnest hard working prospectors from reaping the rewards of their trade.

Government, EPA, Environmental Club Wackos, All of you: Get out of our way and business. We have had enough.

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION! :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
H

Hard Rock Hobbs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2009
GrayCloud said:
Bunch of pinko liberal environmental communist ... That's right , close off all of what God has given us in the name of what? I will tell you what, Nothing more than a scam, to keep honnest hard working prospectors from reaping the rewards of their trade.

Government, EPA, Environmental Club Wackos, All of you: Get out of our way and business. We have had enough.

I regret I have had to delete Pertinent Info from my thread to protect my mineral interest. Thank those of you who saw the thread in total. Once again my apologies for this neccessary action. Hard Rock Hobbs

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard Rock Hobbs said:
GrayCloud said:

I regret I have had to delete Pertinent Info from my thread to protect my mineral interest. Thank those of you who saw the thread in total. Once again my apologies for this neccessary action. Hard Rock Hobbs

Thanks for sharing your story. So if your not allow to mine this area,so how do you lay claim to something that is not yours to have.

tinpan

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Shortstack said:
WIRE gold in quartz? You can multiply your money take on it by using acid to eat away the rock of chunks of material and leaving the gold as little "trees" with enough of the rock left to form a base. I've always heard that this kind of specimen wire gold is very, very valuable way beyond the value of the gold alone because wire gold is rare. And processing the chucks like this reveals beautiful forms in gold that resembles trees and lace coral. I've seen beautiful examples in the gems and jewelry magazines. These type specimens are sold at auction and bring big bucks. You could have a large pot of mullah in return for one backpack worth of material. Construct a "hide" for your gloryhole and go there a couple of times a year and liveth the goodth lifeth. :laughing7: technique and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just think of how much hard work miUsing nitric acid gets rid of the rock material while giving the gold a good cleaning. :thumbsup: Do some investigating into this ning you'll save while raking in a lot more money.
Nitric acid will not remove the quartz. Only hydrofluoric acid dissolves quartz, it attacks silica, and using it is VERY dangerous.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Duke I wa just gonna do the same. There is one other acid but it makes Hydro seem like water-flourosulfonic(sp) used at Litton for years and got some righteous pieces in lab conditions with TONS OF PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT/FUMEHOODS/MASKS/OXYGEN SUPPLY as a MISTAKE results in death. tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread