Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dunc,

You stack classifiers to get you material to consistent sizes for running in your sluice or panning.
Different material sizes in the same run or pan will cause you to lose gold due to the various eddies formed by mismatched sizes

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go to the local Dollar Store and get a plastic collander and you can classify to 1/8 "

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a one gallon bucket with the bottom cut out and a piece of 1/2" hardware cloth that fits. I wash everything in five gallon bucket and dump out the one gallon sieve, then run the classified material through my drop riffle sluice.

After I get a sluice clean up panned down to mostly black sand I sometimes use a wire kitchen strainer to clean out larger heavies. I don't care to carry a duffle bag full of classifiers around. That's the way I like it anyways.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome! .... I wonder if I could get this going on my rocker. Currently you have to give the classifier 2 or 3 good shakes while pumping the water to get the smaller stuff through. The pumping action is actually a Breese but the constant shaking gets annoying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread