Gold Lights / Flashes to Guide the Way to Riches???

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

This subject has been brought up several times in other sections, but never a Thread devoted entirely to it, so I think some of our Miner/Prospector friends here might not have been able to chime in.

In the diaries of his travels in New Spain, Father Juan (Johan) Nentvig SJ (Jesuit) wrote about the silver and gold mines all over Pimeria Alta (Northern Mexico and Southwestern US). He wrote that during the rainy season, there were many flashes to show that there was still much gold and silver to be had.

I had heard about these stories for a long time, but didn't put much stock in them, until I met an old timer who makes the rounds to Stanton (Rich Hill), Rye Patch, etc. He actually had pictures of the lights. He sets up his video camera about dusk and leaves it running till after dark. He collects it and reviews the video. If he finds something, he gets a frame from the video and prints it. I have to say that I was impressed.

The theory is that gasses develop from the different minerals associated with the different types of ore (like arsenic in gold ore). During periods of high humidity/rain, as the sun goes down, the temps radically change. The pressure differential is so great that the gasses vent to the atmosphere and phosphoresce. Different minerals/ores give off different colored lights. That is the theory anyway.

Anybody have anything else to share? Pics maybe?

Thanks-Mike

Upvote 0

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
The San Luis Lights and the Marfa Texas Lights are two sets of very interesting phenomenon. Very likely ground induced ball lightning, but who knows?

Mike

Maybe if we work real hard we can get the Caballos included with those rusty old saws, too.

Rebecca T. got the ball rolling.

Here's one from a recent trip.

I definitely believe there's something to geo- and geo-piezo-electrical phenomena and low-temperature plasma phenomena and other edge case luminescent events, but I've not really seen a lot of those things per my memory at the moment. This one was captured on camera and not something I saw at the time. If only Bigfoot people could be so lucky (but then again, they need hair and bones and DNA like we need refined metals and rusty iron, I suppose).

This lonely location is pretty nifty, so there could be some stuff just under the dirt waiting for an intrepid adventurer to haul a shovel up the hill. Who knows? Digging just invites trouble anyways. Better to just see eagles and lions everywhere.

BTW, the sun is behind me, and JJ Abrams was not there despite the NM tax breaks, so I don't think it is lens flare.

Since we are talking light, anyone have a compilation of low-energy photon-decay type phenomenology? Weak stuff likes to kick off alpha particles and sometimes photons, so maybe a bored physics student can look it up for us. Hmm, there is granite in the area, and that can be a bit radioactive, right? I think that's how smoky quartz gets made by nature, but this ain't in the Organs. 411 David Paulides says watch out for the granite boulders, so could be a desert bigfoot/elemental nest, too.

Now I almost feel like a ghost hunter. Time to record some static and listen for the lottery numbers!

Does the color of the light suggest any particular source/reason?

Gold_Flash.JPG

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, if these flashes could be re-created in a lab, under controlled conditions it could give some insight into perhaps some high tech path to finding deposits on a larger scale.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a pretty in depth article about electroplating process which is probably mostly irrelevant but the mention of certain glows during discharge with certain elements, seems like a similar process happening naturally http://www.mrsec.harvard.edu/education/ap298r2004/Erli chenFabrication II - Deposition-1.pdf

It got me thinking a bit about some areas here in AZ that people talk a lot about 'orbs' being spotted, not terribly far away from some known mining areas. The earth is a giant electromagnet which we largely still do not understand, but it doesn't seem that far fetched that highly conductive areas of the soil / rock could produce some odd phenomena during the right conditions.

Last edited:

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
study ball lightning and saint elmo's fire. as well as x-band planer waves.

earthquakes produce radio waves. you don't really feel earthquakes under 4 on the richter scale. we have .5 and 1 almost everywhere all the time.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earthquakes also create huge eletrical discharges. There is a lot of research that suggests mineral deposits happen a lot faster than we think from high temp/pressure fluids suddenly being able to flow into open cavities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread