best battery for a Blue Bowl

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I use one of these. I use it for my portable fish finder, but it works great for the blue bowl.

Attachments

• s7_018049_imageset_02.jpg
    s7_018049_imageset_02.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 577

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
itd,the best battery for the blue bowl would be the lightest one able to do the job.i usually run my bowl at home,and just hook it to my battery charger.in the field you could use your truck battery,atv battery,perhaps a solar panel charged battery in camp.i only run -30 mesh material in the bowl.everything 30+ goes to the genie,miner model wheel.which i also run at home mostly.these units themselves are very portable,but properly using them requires buckets,tubs,5 different screens,etc.so in most cases i just bring cleanup concentrates,or marked sample bags/buckets home for testing.bowls and wheels only work well in controlled enviroment.and materials right out of nature need their plant/tree oils removed.(lye,muriatic,simply green,whatever)then jet dry in recirc. system.not a capfull per gallon,3 or 4 drops per gallon of water.you dont want sudsy water in the recirc. tub.the electric bilge pump should be isolated from the material discarded by the bowl,or wheel.heres how i run mine. same way with blue bowl,bowl over bucket,water flows into mortar tub and supplies clean water to the pump.problem i have seen with desert fox wheel,no way to keep the pump strainer clean.at least in its stock configuration.this all applies to bowls or wheels.

Attachments

• 0220001433.jpg
    0220001433.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 464
  • 0220001433a.jpg
    0220001433a.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 443

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P63-Just hook up another 5 gal bucket-drill 2 holes-1 in each bucket and use pressure fitings and a short run of pipe to the 2nd bucket-then pump outta #2 and dump tailings into #1 and you will stay much cleaner--tons a au 2 u2 -John

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
have seen those 2 bucket setups.they work well.in the picture above,my pump is in the black tub,inside bottom half of a plastic jug.wheel tails go to the white bucket.and since i have dissolved/rinsed away all clay and organic stuff,pump sock stays real clean.i usually do have a 2nd bucket in there,and run wheel and bowl at the same time.bowl with its own 750 bilge pump.less boring that way.2 birds etc.bad weather the whole thing sits near my woodstove.

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Patches63- what process do you use to remove the clay and organic materials?

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
well,when working dredge/highbanker cleanups,this has already been accomplished for the most part.high pressure blaster nozzle,hopper spray bars do most of this.with samples now,these are often mostly clay/root mixtures.easiest way,throw each sample bucket,singly of course,into my marlex drum cement mixer.add a few rocks,turns it into a slurry.stop mixer,let it settle out.then slowly rinse till overflow clear.put sample #1 back in clean bucket,while #2 being done,#1 in bucket stripped of oils,lye,muriatic,or even simply green.after carefully rinsing that,time to classify.(screen)1/2 inch,1/4 inch,12 mesh,20,30,50.70 and100 if feasible.especially if the sample came off my impact attrition mill.that always goes at least 100 fine.yeah theres that clay be gone stuff,but would need a drum of it..others have had success drying the clay stuff out,then pulverising it.sounds like an option,time permitting.if only a small sample or two, just a bucket plus elbow grease.

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I'm working with hard rock only. I run it through my crusher and screen it to 30-, 50- and 100-. To get most of the waste out I have to mix it in a bucket and pour off the dirty water (carefully of course). This is a huge pain in the butt. If I put it in the blue bowl without washing it just makes the water muddy in no time. Maybe I should try running it through a sluice first to wash out most of the waste.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use our horse trailer battery. (we also use a small solar panel hooked to the battery, sometimes).

Beth

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 377

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread