Placerville Panner New to the Forum

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
This is my 2nd post. You may have seen my other post in the dredging forum about Gravity Dredges. Anyways, I've lived in the Placerville/Pollock Pines area now for 17 years but have never panned in the area. The only area that I have panned is in Sierra County. Now I have the bug and a friend that is interested in starting.

Does anyone know of any areas to pan/sluice that is close, free and won't get shot at?

OR

If anyone owns land in the area that wouldn't mine me panning/sluicing on PM me.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: The HUGE Auburn Rec area(drivers flats + cherokee bar)--Bear River Campground--BLM South Fork Yuba(Purdone crossing to Edwards)has the absolute best gold of any. The Ancient riverbed runs smack dab above P crossing and is a steep canyon with ungodly rises and falls of water levels(saw the bridge underwater once) and area of extreme rain for added additions of goodies too-party on and I hope ya find a ton-John :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Thanks John. I have heard good things about the area and it is about an 1 hour away from my house. I was hoping to find some place in Placerville/Camino/Pollock Pines area to go to. Mostly for those after work bugs that you get when you are thinking about it all day at work. ;D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Back in '64,I had an aunt and two uncles that lived in Pollock Pines.It was quite small and rural at that time,not many people.One uncle use to fish and pan a small stream nearby but I can't remember the name of it but it was fairly close by.I went through there a few years ago and didn't recognize it.It has really exploded in population.I would be careful now wherever you go.

nickinCA

Apr 15, 2009
Hi i live in this area too. You can usually get something at martinez creek a couple miles south of el dorado nice chunky gold there. Below chili bar crossing on the south for american river theres a lot of new blm land that cannot be claimed.

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
nickinCA said:
Hi i live in this area too. You can usually get something at martinez creek a couple miles south of el dorado nice chunky gold there. Below chili bar crossing on the south for american river theres a lot of new blm land that cannot be claimed.

Thanks...Have you tried Slab creek area...I've heard of people going there.

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Also have you guys tried rock creek in the mosquito/rock creek rd. area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions