Claim Question?

nickinCA

Apr 15, 2009
Yup just google Geocomunicator and click on mining claim map. It just shows the quarter of the section the mining claim is in though, not the precise boundaries.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, there are places near us that are claimable,some of them require hiking in or getting permission to cross land there are also places to go that you can prospect at and arent claimable. we all live pretty much in the same town we should put our heads together and find a good spot we can all work and turn up some good gold.

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hello fellow prospectors, You may want to see if there is a prospecting club that has claims near you. United prospectors, gpaa, or others. There may also be public land that is closed to claim , but open to public mining. Contact blm. Local claim owners may let you work thier claim for a pecentage. Good luck. Jimmygoat

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLM LR 200 and GeoCom are NOTORIOUSLY inaccurate and nothing beats feet on the ground. BLM & FS have land status maps that show public and private BUT both have not the ability to show claims smaller than 60-90 acres. Always remember that you have 90 days to file a new claim with the county and then the blm and again-hit the ground for the real deal-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the place to check is the county once you have an area in mind.geo communicator is good to get a general idea it does list the small claims just doesnt show them acurately on the map.the county platt map is exact and shows where the gov. boundries are thats good enough to make sure your not on private land..the metal detecting club here is more for coin relic hunters...there are no local prospecting clubs (motherlode gold hounds is not local)gpaa claims around here are nothin special they are near other claims and in claimable areas so theyre worth checkin out.like i mentioned there are federal lands open to prospecting and not claimable wich to me is a good thing they just require research and hiking.........hey guys stop puttin specific names of creeks and areas in your posts hundreds read these and the little spots you find wont be so little anymore....i know we all want new spots to check....just dont give them away so easy. i dont ask hoser or cal gold for their spots if im ever invited ill dig my ass off and theres a reason for tight lips theres no worse bummer than pullin up to your parkin spot and findin someone elses truck..... no biggie but, nine time out of ten the dude who found your spot will be weird about you diggin in his new spot....sucks but, its the nature of the beast.....if you really wanna prospect pm me..

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you saying the county platt map shows mining claims?
Or just county land boundaries?
Would a GPS coordinate be of use to find claims ?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: Listen to PH advice please-example 2,269-I went to my claims on the SF American 1 year and" posted" my antics all summer long for my buds. Well 5 guys with 3 dredges RAPED MY CLAIMS from end to end and hid the equipment/hauled it out everytime I was back in town. Hence my reward for a lifetime of working for miners was to get F'd outta my retirement stash,so don't wonder why I am a mite salty nowadayz-screwed by those who received my help when they were sold useless claims-MY CLAIMS and I helped them to get their cash back,got them claims to work all just to get ripped off by them-John--POST AS LITTLE INFO AS POSSIBLE!! :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread