GPAA claims in CO

angermd

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all,
I was thinking about joining the GPAA. I've been reading some of the posts about others who really like being a member. But, before I join, I would like to know if anyone knows if there are good claims in CO, specifically in clear creek county, gilpin county, denver county, or the surrounding areas. I like to get out on the weekends but can't go too far from Denver. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,

Don't know much about GPAA claims in Colorado but can tell you of another Club ( Gold Prospectors of Colorado ) that has quite a few claims in Colorado. Some nice ones along the Arkansas River by Salida, Buena Vista and claims in Fairplay. You do need to be a member of GPOC in order to work these claims.

If you don't care to join a Club there is the BLM Point Bar area on the Arkansas south of Salida or the BLM area about 17 miles north of Buena Vista outside the town of Granite, CO. It was showing nice gold last year.

I realize these are a ways from Denver but still manageable with an early start.

Contact BLM in Canon City about any permits or maps you might be able to use.

If I can be of anymore help feel free to ask.

Goldenlady

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as a member of gpaa i looked in my claims guide and saw around 8 different places in colorado, hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread