who really wants to prospect.??????

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have gear have a place to go.... i have gear...(non motorized) i used to have a partner but hes older now and doesnt want to go anywhere he cant walk to right from his truck........ i dont like goin alone im 33 and active and i wanna be able to hike in still when needed so im lookin for someone with decent experience who also likes to go a little off the beaten path.....no absolute newbies......i dont enjoy educatin cause im ready to dig......lots of diggin is required another thing total noobs dont get lol....not tryin to be a jerk ive just been through this before....hit me up

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Placerville.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Loved that area and Pollock Pines back in the early 60's.Sorry to say,not into prospecting at that time.Goodluck in your endeavors.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to go.....lol but I dont think id be able to make it out that way anytime too soon, unless you know a spot that would be worth taking time off work (monetarily, as i cant really afford to lose hours)....lol

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I will be down after these next couple weekends. I have access to maps that show every piece of BLM, Forest Service, PG&E, etc. land there is in El Dorado County. I have not explored the creeks on this land but would be willing to share as soon as I have time (in a couple weeks). :headbang:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just let me know when your ready im gonna go out a bit this weekend do some sampling in that new area i found.crazy cold weather right now....glad i dont mind bein out in it.....i have a seasonal creek i hit occasionaly goes through an old hydraulic mine maybe i should go give it a little attention.

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Wish I lived closer. I just got past the total newb stage. Been finding color, not much weight wise as most of it is fine in the locations I have dug. I hit the crystal claim near lake silverwood and came up on these specs and flakes. I dug down with a demo hammer in the side of a hill, crushed then classified a Full yard if not more. Ran it through my drywasher 2x. 200+ pieces. I gave up counting. This is from last saturday. Dug along the tertiary line where it met a layer of decomposing granite. Wasn't quite caliche yet, but dang near.

Fine gold

Attachments

• crystal 3.jpg
    crystal 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 605
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hey man i grew up in perris... i know some historical spots near you...

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
I find gold in places people dont even think of looking :wink: I am a little over a year into the hobby, or should I say I have the very addicting OCD passion for learning geology, studying maps, learning sites and places where gold has been found and looking for unobscure locations it may have been missed. ;D And all the other things that go with prospecting :coffee2: Treasure hunting md-ing rock hounding etc. I was eyeballing my Lobo up near Randsburg in a wash on the First Chance claim in Last Chance canyon and found a nice chunky piece of fire opal. Ground score! :headbang: Just never know what you will find if you dont get off your ass and go out and put some effort into it. :icon_thumright:

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you got a motorcycle and ever get up around quincy, look me up. Seems you might be as nuts as i am.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find gold in places people dont even think of looking :wink: I am a little over a year into the hobby, or should I say I have the very addicting OCD passion for learning geology, studying maps, learning sites and places where gold has been found and looking for unobscure locations it may have been missed. ;D And all the other things that go with prospecting :coffee2: Treasure hunting md-ing rock hounding etc. I was eyeballing my Lobo up near Randsburg in a wash on the First Chance claim in Last Chance canyon and found a nice chunky piece of fire opal. Ground score! :headbang: Just never know what you will find if you dont get off your ass and go out and put some effort into it. :icon_thumright:
Well I can vouch for Jack! I read on another post how you found quite a few specs out in Perris, I've been all over the santa rosa/ steele peak area, (I'm in Menifee area) skunked every time! I'm not giving up, especially after reading your post's! I'm planning to go to the TVP meeting on the 14th, maybe I will see you there! Thanks for the inspiration Jack.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a partner too! Was up at the Crystal Claim 4th of July. Nice weather with a cool breeze. Big holes up there and fine gold. Where to go tomorrow?? East Fork? Lytle?

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I can vouch for Jack! I read on another post how you found quite a few specs out in Perris, I've been all over the santa rosa/ steele peak area, (I'm in Menifee area) skunked every time! I'm not giving up, especially after reading your post's! I'm planning to go to the TVP meeting on the 14th, maybe I will see you there! Thanks for the inspiration Jack.

Hey Atomicscott I'm in Lake Elsinore, I have also been searching the Steele Peak/goodhope area. Any luck yet? I've tried a couple culverts in those hills but have not yet found color. But given the success of the Goodhope mine and the others in the area I haven't given up on that area yet. Besides the creeks There are some pretty well hidden old mine workings I've been interested in checking out close by.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post is only 7 years old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Post is only 7 years old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

:laughing7:.... lol.... I think we have all posted to an old thread at one time or another...:laughing7:
Wonder if he ever got any takers or found any gold though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions