Le Trap

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they would try it they would love em.they are awesome at fine gold recovery.i saw my friend use his one time and i had to get one!he uses it as a sluice ,with the front cut out.i am going to use it as a highbanker for my cons.still working on a frame,and classifier.but can't wait to use it.

OP
OP
D

dbaecht

May 28, 2010
I tested these with a conbination of white sand, blonde sand, black blasting medium, black sand, crush lead shot and some fine gold and I didn't lose any gold or shot and didn't have hardly any thing to pan. Out of a half gallon of all of this mixed together it left maybe half a cup to pan. I had weighed the lead and gold before and it was all there.
I read somewhere that it could be improved by puttin some ribbed mat in it but it didn't say where.
One of these has the end cut out and the other has a grizzly and spraybar.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strickman...
I noticed that Jobe makes a collapsible stand for the Le Trap for right around $70.00.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
The Le Trap is really an awesome sluice. I will definitely get one, one of these days. My homemade sluices are nice but seeing a Le Trap in action convinced me they are pretty amazing. I made my drop riffle sluice on the same philosophy as the Le Trap, but mine doesn't have the nice steps so it doesn't work as well as one.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks jog,but i am rounding up material now and might make a little different ,for my specific use.but still might consider it.might have to make a grizzly and spray bar,dbaecht please post a pic of your set up.i'm trying to get ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread