How does it work?

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

BAZOOKA ALSO KNOWN AS 3.5 ROCKET LAUNCHER OR STOVEPIPE ,ANTI TANK WEAPON
ONLY MOVING PART WAS THE TRIGGER MECHANISM ( GENERATED SMALL ELECTRICAL CHARGE) ; IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. DO NOT KNOW WHERE CONCENTRATE WOULD COLLECT SINCE NOT MUCH WAS LEFT AFTER IMPACT....... LOL ;D ;D ;D

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
A Bazooka is basically like a suction nozzle. It has jets near the nose which push the water back through the tube. A collection tray is near the discharge end of the tube which collects the gold.

Some people say they lose gold, some people say they don't- I've never used one. But one thing is for sure, a dredge has a much larger area of sluice box for recovery. Bazooka's are more portable.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
If I remember right, Bazooka was a brand name of a submersible dredge. Not real great in keeping your fines. They could be used to remove large volumes of overburden that might some small amount of gold that could be recovered while removing the over burden. I could be all wet to, never using one. ;D They had a small riffle setup in the discharge.

OP
OP
G

g34m

Greenie
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Thanks folks. I've heard about them but never seen one. I just read an article about converting a Bazooka to a dry washer and frankly I my mental engineering was at an impass. Think it still is!! g34m

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
A Bazooka to a dry washer? Now there's a stretch! You are right, thats a head scratcher for sure... ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread