Flashes in the Pan

ron of SEMO

Jan 20, 2005
S. E. Missouri
I recently found a place where I found what I thought was gold specks mixed in with some black sand. However on Saturday March 18th, I was watching "Gold Fever" and Tom Massey had some black sand in his pan,along with the sand were several sparkling shiny objects. Mr. Massey went on to say that there were only two flakes of gold and the rest was discarded. My question is, If the shiny objects were not gold then what am I seeing in my and his pan? BTW ,these specks are very small, but very visible to the naked eye. thanks Ron

Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Gold is not 'sparkly' or glistening.Just a yellow color.A lot of times mica specs will be in black sand and actually look yellow,but very shiny.Being from so.MO,do you belong to the Chapter of the Ozarks or Showmegold prospecting clubs?Members there can show you what 'flour' gold looks like.They do find a few specs at a time on the Arkansas and a few other creeks in AR and in most all of the streams/rivers north of the MO River.HH

OP
OP
ron of SEMO

ron of SEMO

Jan 20, 2005
S. E. Missouri
warsawdaddy, I do not belong to any clubs. Most of the clubs I checked into were at least two to three hundred miles from me. I did not find any clubs in the Southeast Mo. area. Anyway thanks for your reply. RON

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
There are several prospectors in the St Louis/St Charles area.Contact Russ on this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/moprospectors

Not knowing your exact location,there is a chapter in Memphis.
Russ and a lot of those 'eastside' guys go quite a few places,Ill,Ind,and elsewhere.
They only make a couple of mtgs a yr in Smithville.Anyway,goodluck and HH--ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread