New guy<----- Needs info for Oregon Gold panning

goldpanman

Oct 1, 2004
Hello everyone!
I have been thinking about gold panning for some time now. I have a cousin that does it a lot while in California and does pretty good. I was looking at a few sites to fine some places to go that aren't too far away from me. I live in Hillsboro Oregon a few miles from Portland. I understand that Quartsville is pretty good down by Sweethome. Any other suggestions on nearby places would be greatly appreciated. Also if you know of a good Video on panning gold I would love the name of it! You can either reply here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks a bunch!

Matt

Upvote 0

Yosemite Sam

Greenie
Mar 26, 2004
Try Little Santiam River near Detroit Lake out of Salem. Or for the real long haul, Powder River in Baker.

Sam

Yosemite Sam

Greenie
Mar 26, 2004
I forgot to remind you to be aware of existing up to date placer claims. Look for post markers or metal tags on trees. Always, get permission if the claim is established. Its a good way to get shot if you don't. Also, be careful in the spring and summer months of booby traps near trails. Lots of dope is grown in state forests. I've run across a couple of fishing lines tied with salmon egg hooks strung up around eye level across some of the smaller trails.

Sam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread