A portable rock crusher.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just weighed my ramrod and it weighs in at 13 lbs. even.
That is without the 3lb. length of rebar installed.

I can tell you it is nothing to crush even the hardest rocks, basically the weight does all the work.

GG~

sds357

Feb 15, 2010
Those are nice designs. I do wish I could find a small cheap powered jaw crusher though. None that I've seen are cheap :-\

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rebar inside for that second bash is a good improvement. I use my 10# and lightly tamp it down.
I made mine to do some sampling of some host rock under controlled conditions at home.

I had this idea of a wind powered ball mill set up in the bed of my Pickup.
The blades would turn the mill as I drive down the road. :icon_sunny:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always good ideas. Thanks for the video Terry.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey TerryC how about about you and your brother putting together a show! Give all something worthwhile to watch instead of these other gold shows we are forced to suffer thru .. You would get my full attention.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an extremely portable crusher, granted only handles smaller pieces, but turns quartz into dust, just like the big boys. This one is small enough/ light enough to throw in my back pack, "just in case".

Attachments

• image-213627771.jpg
    image-213627771.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 214
  • image-761058563.jpg
    image-761058563.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 175

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry at first I thought you meant you'd talked your brother into crushing rock for you. 61, you are just a punk (meant in a good way). Thank you two for a good idea that started lots of other good folks sharing their equipment. Still nothing going yet on that 120 Acre spread for a 50 BMG training site.......63bkpkr

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Casca, Marshall, Drywall, and of course 63, for bumping it back to the top. @ Marshall.... that would certainly be a great idea except.... sounds too much like WORK! My brother TimC and I enjoy doing what we do but make no mistake.... there are several on the net here with more credentials to do the video-thing than us. Indeed, we have learned much of what we know from THE PROS here and those we've met around Rich Hill, AZ. Thanks again. TTC

Last edited:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Well this sure was an informative discussion and I can see myself building one soon. So the questions is are you really finding any gold in that quartz rock? I see a lot of white quartz with brown color in my area of Arizona but never broke any to see if there was anything inside.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, no. But now I know which rocks Don't have gold. Only 5 billion, 300 million and 3 rocks (per square mile) to go! Now, out of my way.... I got work to do. TTC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i used galvinized pipe fitting before on my first crusher and found that it flaked off the galvinized finish and was a pain to pan out. i used black iron fittings latter. now i use steel plates and pipe that dont have any coating on them to flake off.much better!!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russau,

I agree, the galvanized fitting is doing me no justice, with all the little pieces it leaves behind. Back to the drawing board :-)

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

falsesignal

Greenie
Aug 8, 2011
Lake Tahoe
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theres one in my future too Terry, I been bringing alot of rocks home lately, can't find time to crush them all.maybe someone can post some plans for a home made crazycrusher type.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
theres one in my future too Terry, I been bringing alot of rocks home lately, can't find time to crush them all.maybe someone can post some plans for a home made crazycrusher type.
Important.... make sure you label those rocks. SOON, you will find gold in one. You will need to know where you found it! TTC

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good suggestion Terry, we've been labeling bags of test dirt we have brought out, but never thought about labeling the rocks themselves.... And I've got rocks from 3 locations this far. Thanks man.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Hey terry, great idea! I've seen smaller versions but yours has the all important utility. I would recommend you paint the bottom few inches of your breaker bar white like the top few of the fence posts. I found seeing the white helped to keep me from slipping out of the tube.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey terry, great idea! I've seen smaller versions but yours has the all important utility. I would recommend you paint the bottom few inches of your breaker bar white like the top few of the fence posts. I found seeing the white helped to keep me from slipping out of the tube.
Tnx guys. Mechanic, I will do that. Tnx. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions