GPAA Buchannan Lease, Haralson Co. GA. ?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did years ago before gpa leased it ,used to have good gold there . my 1st ounce came from those creeks . haven't been there in a long time , they lost a couple of the creeks but still have the farm.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Strickman. :icon_thumleft:

Plans changed, going to take the wife to the Dahlonega area instead.
Guess I'll save Buchanan for the next trip when it's just me.

Going for the gold,
GG~

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not a gpaa member but I know where those sites are . I met the owner of part of some gpaa lease land out there while parked in front of a gate with a gpaa sign on it . He happen to come by and saw me sit'in there ( I was just out running roads look'in around ) . He pulled in behind me , got out , shot the shat a minute and got around to asking me if I had a card . I said " a card for what " . Long story short , I got to go on his place and do some look'in with out being a member of the gpaa . Was not impressed . He also had some not so good things to say about the gpaa people . His name is Ted Kiser . I got along with him ok , but you might find him to be a little strange if you go out to his place . If it's still part of the gpaa stuff . You would think he was a Georgia or Georgia Tech fan . But he is a bammer fan . We talked some football ..... he knew I was an Auburn man , but still offered to let me go on his place and do some gold hunt'in . Like I said .......... not impressed . Don't know about the other gpaa places out there . I know I have found some nice gold in Haralson county . Mostly around the Bremen - Waco - Morgan and Draketown areas .

But hey ............ if you go Dahlonega instead , try to hit the museum . If you do , try to get a shot of this display ; Pic's follow :

DSCN8924-1.jpg

DSCN8923-1.jpg

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Takota!

I usually go by myself for some serious prospecting but this time it's more of a wife friendly trip.
We will be camping along the Etowah River near Dahlonega.

My wife has not been to the museum so that's our first stop Saturday.
Are they now letting you take photos? I'll bet you sneeked those in on them. :laughing7:
I'm also going to take her over to Consolidated Mine and then on to Gold n' Gem Grubbin near Cleveland Ga.

Then it's back to Indiana Monday.

Thanks again for the 411 on Buchanan.

Go Big Blue!
aubie_6.jpg

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
etowah ,is a good place to go !!!!! good guy , you should do some good there. lots of activity there in the old days ,lots of tailing piles. been some good nuggets come out of there for sure !

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
etowah ,is a good place to go !!!!! good guy , you should do some good there. lots of activity there in the old days ,lots of tailing piles. been some good nuggets come out of there for sure !

Oh Boy! I sure would like to find some, I'll post pic's when we get back home.

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought the GPAA had dropped Kaiser's place because of his attitude. Such as ,stopping you as you hit bedrock and telling you to fill in your hole because you were too deep!! The farm is still active but it has been worked to the extreme!! Good gold is in a gravel layer along the banks of the creek, but the owner doesn't want it dug up!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread