The tales of the hunt!

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
What did you see!

k

Edit-yeah

Long story short, it's good to judge a character and learn what you can, and also know the laws. It's amazing how one bad experience can seem to taint the others, for a while, until you learn to get over it. I am amazed at the kindness and trusting of 90% of the people I've met on the trail, and I would gladly help them if they were in need. In fact, I would even help that mean guy if he needed it. Because what goes around always comes around. And as of yet, no law men have showd up to harrass me, which doesn't bother me, but I would explain it the same to anyone my methods, lawman or not. As always, make an effort to leave the place better than you found it. This is one thing I'm really working on.

:headbang:

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The nice and not so nice people you meet while prospecting

one day last season preban we were down dredging on a creek right off a road.... im in the water i come up and my partner says don't check your box we have company... he knows i always check the first few riffles first thing and he didnt like these guys already he'd been trying to get my attention already i hadnt noticed. 8) i was in suction mode lol.....i was 32 at the time my pard 56 he was a Navy vet and im 6'4" pony tail wet suit mask prybar sort of a creekside forest ninja or skinny seal whatever.... so i idle down he's talking to these guys for a minute i think their these claim owners working near us i'd heard about..... i go over thinkin that.... start asking alot of mining question what their up to where are they from...etc the younger of the two wouldnt make eye contact with me and the older of the two would barely look at me....sooooo...to many questions for them i think. bla bla bla they had to go....all of a sudden.that sunday im reading the local paper...Murdered body found near.. __ - - - - road well, thats like 100 yards from our parking spot. first thing i did was call a friend i have in the sheriffs dept. he put me in touch with a detective i had several interviews and callbacks....they were interested in the older guy......I don't ever trust strangers never trust anyone out of place....code orange all the time....anything could happen at anytime.... i was closer to my beretta than i was to those dudes....and after finding out a body was dumped there that day i have one more reason to not feel paranoid because im always watching out for trouble when im out in the woods.

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010

Scary stuff, yeah, I general expect that some people are out to harm, however I use good nature to promote a path of a sense of well being and security. If ever hijacked at gunpoint, it's hard to do anything, however, the use of weapontry of the miners can be skillfully deadly I'm sure. It just stinks that these things happen, and one CAN be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a dangerous world out there, once you hit the trail, you have what you came with, or can produce by other means( Aka explosive force :icon_sunny:) .

So, I'm sure I'm pretty safe where I go, and when I decide to wander into unknown territory, I know full well the risks I'm taking.... It's the adrenaline rush of the hunt! Watch out for that snake! Sometimes they appear in human form... :sign13:

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Speaking of tales, I've seen some very interesting snakes. This one day this guy comes walking down the the river stream and is carrying a bad and a stick. He was a snake hunter, I helped him check hoels and stuff, he also had a partner with him so we had fun looking for the snakes. THere's TONS of holes and tons of snakes out there. I saw my first nice moccasin, my first toxic snake behind this HUGE boulder in the river with some dry gravel around it. This guy was barehanding the snakes. I also almost reached down and caught a huge fatty crawfish, but I musta hesitated or it saw my shadow and shot back likea rocket... I know how to find those mudbugs and catch them easy, if I was ever hungry :)

This one guy I met out there, was such a pro, he actually posts here, but he helped me work this front of bedrock, and we peeled off giant layers full or deep gold slick clay to pan out, and the bedrock itself was full of comglamorates and quzrtz veins with garnets, etc. Really neat, guy, and a pro of the matter... Havn't seen him out there since though. He taught me about the "slick" layer... It's that smoothy mud that is deep in bedrock cracks while sniping..

One time, I was working the spot late in the evening with this guy( not previously mentioned) and this huge thunderstorm rolled in.. It's nice having a partner out there, for sure... Just incase.

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
One dark day I saw a glinter of light in a bucket, and the wind blew, and the mountains rumbled with sounds and vibes, an energy spoke and was heard. What I did with this information is another story.
The water flowed and the sedimentary rocks were reformed, not to see the same result they had some billions of years before.
At the same time, asteroids were flying in, sizzling on hot creekbeds, resounding of a Renaissance, forming globules of celestial material.
And then the water spoke, the people sickened, to uncover the truth of the past, the reason for greed, and the guilt of generations.
A dying culture, a sparse breed, those known.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pvillehunter said:
one day last season preban we were down dredging on a creek right off a road.... im in the water i come up and my partner says don't check your box we have company... he knows i always check the first few riffles first thing and he didnt like these guys already he'd been trying to get my attention already i hadnt noticed. 8) i was in suction mode lol.....i was 32 at the time my pard 56 he was a Navy vet and im 6'4" pony tail wet suit mask prybar sort of a creekside forest ninja or skinny seal whatever.... so i idle down he's talking to these guys for a minute i think their these claim owners working near us i'd heard about..... i go over thinkin that.... start asking alot of mining question what their up to where are they from...etc the younger of the two wouldnt make eye contact with me and the older of the two would barely look at me....sooooo...to many questions for them i think. bla bla bla they had to go....all of a sudden.that sunday im reading the local paper...Murdered body found near.. __ - - - - road well, thats like 100 yards from our parking spot. first thing i did was call a friend i have in the sheriffs dept. he put me in touch with a detective i had several interviews and callbacks....they were interested in the older guy......I don't ever trust strangers never trust anyone out of place....code orange all the time....anything could happen at anytime.... i was closer to my beretta than i was to those dudes....and after finding out a body was dumped there that day i have one more reason to not feel paranoid because im always watching out for trouble when im out in the woods.

That is why one should have some body top side all of the time...I am guilty of not having that myself(I do not recommend that,if I am dredging an unsafe location,big rocks and stuff,I will always bring somebody)but if there is somebody(stranger)when I do come up they are already where they arent supposed to be and I am not very friendly about it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Yeah I took my mask out to the river last time cause the water was deep enough to spot and clear and slow enough to see.. It's reallynear working underwater with a mask where the dust runs downstreeam, clearing the way as you go.. THe little fishes are soo cool! THey were swimming right by my face. But yeah, the thought crossed my mind while I'm absolutely enjoying myself snorkling in the river, anyone could come up and do whatever they wanted.. I'm not too worried though, I have this feeling that what happens is mostly supposed to.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I am comfortable if my back is out of the water......I am talking about being 5-30 ft deep :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:P I sold my claims to Larry in Placerville who had just retired from SMUD in Sacramento. He put his dredge in the very next day in a stupid spot I told him to ABSOLUTELY stay the LL away from at the head of some ungodly rapids. He disappeared the VERY FIRST DAY of his hard earned retirement and was found down river feeding the crawdads--don't play alone-John

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hello T.N.ers, I have met some very shady people over my 30 years of prospecting. Be wary of people as they will do most anything to get your gold. Not all people are that way, but gold can bring out the worst in some people. The picture is of Hoss. He watches my back and I don't have to split my gold with him. Good luck to all, Jimmygoat.

Attachments

• 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 260

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread