California Claim Jumping Law and it works well.

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
Here is a CA Penal code that if presented to any CA law enforcement officer that will allow and require him to make an arrest on claim jumping. Once the sheriff or who ever is on site with you, you may be required to make the citizens arrest and he will haul the party to jail.

Ca. Penal Code 487 (d)
Every person who feloniously steals, takes, and carries away,
or attempts to take, steal, and carry from any mining claim, tunnel,
sluice, undercurrent, riffle box, or sulfurate machine, another's
gold dust, amalgam, or quicksilver is guilty of grand theft and is
punishable by imprisonment in the state prison.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laughed so hard I almost peed--NOT IN SHASTA,TRINITY,SISKIYOU,PLACER,MERCED, AND INYO COUNTIES. As a matter a fact in all my years I've NEVER EVER seen any cop of any kine EVER lift a damn finger to help a miner in any way with this stinkn' problem--lotza luck-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont remember if it was here or om '49er mikes....But there was a post about the dudes who were claim jumping at night, the claim holder staked them out and called sheriff they were arrested etc.......so it must happen....much better than shooting some dude and having the judge inform you that you just cant do that. I'll see my friend who prospects and is an El Dorado co. deputy Monday at our sons scout meeting I'll see what he has to say.Of course the reality is when your out in the woods come across someone jumping your claim....dont have cell service/ or phone period, you have to head back to town or ranger office...their L.E.O will sure as hell arrest a claimjumper.... if they don't their not doing their sworn duty and thats lame...so you head back to town grab the deputy...go back to your claim guys gone if hes smart....there is evidence of some digging etc......the deputy says theirs not much he can do..... cause he cant....if the guy is still there when you and L.E.O. get back and the guy is digging technically hes jumping the claim and you in the L.E.O.s prescence can arrest him...if the case goes to to court do to the laws and justice as it should be you will have to prove first the claim is VALID....if it is theres a charge of criminal trespass...if the guy had gold on him when arrested and it was submitted as evidence.....you will have to prove it came from your claim, then there's a charge of grand theft.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT WAS PRIVATE PROPERTY ADJACENT TO MY OLD CLAIMS ON THE SF AMERICAN. Own property and you get some cop coverage, a lousy claim=not so much-John :-\

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that has got to be only slightly frustrating if your a claimholder and want to boot someone...is that what happened to you when those guys highgraded/jumped your spot you mentioned before, john? did you ask for help and not get it? Im looking at a spot to claim but, dont know if its worth it cause there are alot of withdrawn areas i can prospect and not claim...should i just keep seeking those out? I'm not being sarcastic or sound naive john... i know youve been at it for years and have stood up for alot and keep bearing winess to the injustices brought on by those who pull the strings..sometimes you seem a little cranky ;D however im always lookin for what you have to say....hope your doin well, post surgery and gettin yourself stronger....thanks for sharing your opinions and experiences...and tons of Gold to you even if i think you've got enough already..... :tongue3: j.k. hope you take yourself out and find a "yeller bowlder" take care.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay completely away from the SF Am rec area FOR CLAIMS as the BLM gods who pontificate are arseholes and play many MANY games with access and when there were dredging seasons the dogs even killed over half the season for the kayakers/rafters. Who deficate/trash/pollute and completely destroy the property all along the sf--MOST TOURISTAS THAN ANY OTHER KALIF RIVER. Yes I'm a mite flummoxed lately-NO DREDGING--Claims absolutely raped by 5 jumpers with 3 dredges and even with witness(a cop) pics and FS reports and citations I got 0000000000000000000000000 help and lost over $159,000 in gold sold to a friend who is a dealer and they all went back to Arizona laughing--sooooooooooooooooo ya I'm not a happy camper no mo--sorry---John oh and the 69ers and PLOP killed dredging completely so RIP--real bummer being 60+ and screwed,booed and tattoed and UNEMPLOYED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE >:(

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not talking about Auburn rec area.There are alot of areas "Withdrawn" around here..some for reclamation even though they dont seem to be in the process???? and it seems if your in a neighborhood...if you can call thenm that where theres an h.o.a. and b.l.m. land someone some how is making it difficult to claim????? honestly its a pain to research find a spot think wow i wonder why thats not claimed look into it and find out you cant claim it even though its no different than the b.l.m. land just over the ridge or down the canyon...im even hearing that some claims that arent held on to come september...are then also withdrawn once b.l.m catches on to the fact that its not claimed.as far as access theres all kinds of access if your willing to park and hike...i just dont like to leave my car for to long....two times ive popped out of the woods at the same time a deputy is pokin around and looking in my windows......a coincidence i dont like cause cops dont like it when all of a sudden your behind them they dont know your there until you say "can i help you?"(i get a kick outta that one ha. ha...)well as you would imagine it gives them the feeling that you were watchin them from the bushes or something...even though its a coincidence..and at that point you can see the wheels turnin and its like they have to get you back....run my i.d. ask a bunch of questions..finally they both told me they thought my car was stolen have a nice day be careful....(dont sneak up on me like that...lol.. ;D)

wwjohnson

Greenie
Oct 11, 2010
Apache Junction Arizona
Do claim markers and monuments have to be erected and up or can the claim just look like the rest of the surounding country ? I was told to get off someones claim and there were no monuments, stones rock piles signs or anything anywhere in the whole area. What are the laws regarding claim markings ?

thank you
Will Johnson

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auburn rec is middle fork and others I was talkn' south fork outta placerville down from 49er bridge--John CLAIMS MUST BE MARKED AND A REQUIREMENT ON EVERY ANNUAL LABOR FILED. They can be taken through legal subdivision with a discovery monument but a simple sign on a tree with info meets requirements. blm.gov has the rules,educate and prosper and NO they can NOT shuffle ya off--you can camp,hunt,fish,kayak and party on down on claims as owners have MINERAL RIGHTS ONLY----

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotcha john...pville to and through coloma to folsom lake....way to many people there for me anyway.....might be good to detect the beaches for what the drunkin weekenders leave though.the nice thing is during the on season all the officers are so busy dealing with those flatlanders that you rarely see them when your out on the rest of their jurisdiction..... :headbang:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
Stay completely away from the SF Am rec area FOR CLAIMS as the BLM gods who pontificate are arseholes and play many MANY games with access and when there were dredging seasons the dogs even killed over half the season for the kayakers/rafters. Who deficate/trash/pollute and completely destroy the property all along the sf--MOST TOURISTAS THAN ANY OTHER KALIF RIVER. Yes I'm a mite flummoxed lately-NO DREDGING--Claims absolutely raped by 5 jumpers with 3 dredges and even with witness(a cop) pics and FS reports and citations I got 0000000000000000000000000 help and lost over $159,000 in gold sold to a friend who is a dealer and they all went back to Arizona laughing--sooooooooooooooooo ya I'm not a happy camper no mo--sorry---John oh and the 69ers and PLOP killed dredging completely so RIP--real bummer being 60+ and screwed,booed and tattoed and UNEMPLOYED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE >:(

John,sounds like a trip to Arizona is due bud,I would be damned........! >:(

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D Not enough water for this ol'water dog. Private property is KING and very busy lookn' to buy and testing many this past month. THEN the dogs will pay to tresspass DEARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!John :icon_pirat: >:(

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... i don't think mining was the reason ol' kuger was suggesting the trip to Arizona....i think he had some ahhh reclamation in mind...not mining :icon_pirat:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter said:
lol... i don't think mining was the reason ol' kuger was suggesting the trip to Arizona....i think he had some ahhh reclamation in mind...not mining :icon_pirat:

Spot on!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread