Gold prospecting in Philippines

mirajs57

Oct 16, 2010
Is here somebody with good knowledge of Philippines? What are the best places for gold dredging, using of metal detectors, etc.
I have selected some places for visit during my vacation in February 2011 (Sibuyan, Compostella Valey, Surigao) whre some gold is. However, I accept advice from more experienced. (any good area to try metal detector?)

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
While I completely agree with your underlying premise it is important not to completely dismiss this. After all there is a court ruling (from the wacky 9th circuit) on the matter.

I do not buy into the legitimacy of the Roxas story. It has been debunked. Notice it's all just claims and speculation. The treasure is all gone and not subject to scrutiny. There are more plausible explanations to all parts of the story. But it's more fun to believe in conspiracy theories instead. Right ?

If you care to start a thread on how the Roxas story is not conclusive, and has more plausible explanations , I'm game. Just PM me with where you will put it, and I'll provide the counter-data.

Bear in mind that the MERE FACT that the govt. there has laws about how to split treasure with the crown, to some Philippine hunters there, is proof of treasures. (Lest why else would the govt. make laws governing splits of proceeds?). But this isn't conclusive. I can say the same thing about the USA govt. If I were to ask the state of CA, or the fed .: "Hello, if I find a treasure on your land, can I keep it ?" They would maybe say "no, that's a park feature, we forbid removing, taking, harvesting". Thus it belongs in a museum, hence no you can't have it". Ok, but does such an answer PROVE (in some sort of conspiratorial fashion) the existence of treasures in said park or forest or desert ? No. It's just the obligatory answer in case someone finds something.

Anyhow, don't want to take this thread off topic. So if you wish to discuss the lack of conclusiveness in the Roxas story, just pm me the link to where you put it on T'net.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who in their right mind would "plow" up gold bars and actually tell their neighbors

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not buy into the legitimacy of the Roxas story. It has been debunked. Notice it's all just claims and speculation. The treasure is all gone and not subject to scrutiny. There are more plausible explanations to all parts of the story. But it's more fun to believe in conspiracy theories instead. Right ?
How is it a conspiracy theory to point out a court ruling on a subject of the thread? I didnt make any sort of statement or claim one way or another about the legitimacy of the Roxas story. I also pointed out the 9th circuit court has some wacky rulings... What more do you want :dontknow:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....I didnt make any sort of statement or claim one way or another about the legitimacy of the Roxas story....

You brought up Roxas in your post # 20. Right ? Hence I thought you subscribed to it as a true treasure found story . If I mis-understood, forgive me.

I do not buy into the Roxas story, but ... not in the space available here. If you want to start a thread on that, give me the link and we can discuss that.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i like to add some information to this thread on the prospecting and the place ....CDO aka " river of gold " in spanish 1622 in that area a people still small scale mine word is a up to gram a yard in some areas .....in the past they made 1 kilogram bars that were long and thin in shape ... these bars existed during the war the troops stole them ...on that island its common for gold in that area .....that area 60 miles from a war zone where over a 1000 died in 2017 .... Roxas story true or not is of gold stolen from outside the country .....ive spent time in baguio and the story could be true the mine where roxas found it exists and the enemy forces were in great enough numbers to move it there .....i once talked to mrs marcos in the late 80sin nyc but didnt have the nerve to ask about the stories about her husband being the greatest treasure hunter of all times and if the stories were true .....so to find a one kilo bar in CDO is possible but treasure like roxas story to me never its to far from the sea they had no fuel

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Roxas story true or not is of ....

666, trying to figure out your position from your post. On the one hand, you seem to acknowledge that it might not be true. But then you go on to give hints that it's true.

If you want to start a separate thread, we can go over it. Just let me know the link.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
tom in luzon there was a train and there greatest naval base and tens of thousands of troops its possible there but not likely i been ever inch of the way there .....but in CDO never its way to far from the sea totally impossible i always agree with u tom .....and if i ever found anything i only show u ....u have a good day

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
just some facts tom about luzon 1941 mining 1 ton of gold , uss trout removed over 5 tons of gold from manila jan 1942 , they dumped all the silver coins in the bay (millions ) 1942 ,,,those bars from mint were about the 40 pound size ,,,, u know more about the Roxas story then i do what size was the bars ??? ,,,, i heard a story that lots of gold was hidden up near tuba by the mining companies i figure at least a ton probably in mercury.... small scalers even today sell it in mercury on many of the islands .....ive never seen a real 400 oz bar .....all the big bars to the south are fake ....they go to the pawn shops buy gold 14K make a bar sell it for a real bar and double there money ask any miner here home made bars are at least 90% mint bars 99.99% .....tom u probably already know all this but other members might learn .....never buy gold bars in this place even seen tungsten fakes from china seen fake paper money coins u name it

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
666 and what : Since this thread took a turn to Yamashita and Roxas, I challenge you to read where I've chimed in on the Yamashita section of T'net. Like for the example the one titled "2008 Expedition ..." where I started to chime in at page 197 through to the end of the thread.

As for Roxas story, here's a bit that I wrote on that:

(deleted for rule violation, posting links to other treasure hunting websites)(see Tom_in_CA inputs to that thread)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/yamashita-treasure/504226-help-2.html (see post #26)

Last edited by a moderator:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
tom i know i would enjoy reading what u wrote about Roxas ,,,,only problem am banned from that site and i have to watch everything i say on this site because they should of already banned me here to ,,,,i enjoy the history more then the hunting ,,,, i only follow hospital ship stories in major port cities,,,, they are possible...... Roxas story if it wasnt for the train( still in tarlac today a 1903 baldwin ) it be stupid ,,, i walk the death march route then up to tuba thats a 4000 foot incline and the train stopped at the bottom they had to either walk up that road like i did or use the fuel they needed for the war ,,,,to be happy to hear 100s of planes no fuel in negros and they waste it on moving gold hundreds of miles away crazy

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
tom i know i would enjoy reading what u wrote about Roxas ,,,,only problem am banned from that site ...

yes, Findmall is known for being "trigger happy" at banning folks. Ok, here's the cut and paste from a pertinent part of that link:

" While I realize this will do nothing to "dissuade the faithful" here's some links. Naturally, the faithful will dismiss them as part of the "grand conspiracy". But, as you can see, this is not so cut and dried:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogelio_Roxas

Note how it starts: "allegedly" discovering ? What? I thought it was absolute certainty. No such words like "alledge" were used in the show. Hmmm, "alledged" must not sell ratings.

And note this ending sentence in the wiki link: "Roxas's eldest son Jose petitioned the Baguio court in 1995 to release the statue to him as a memento of his father's treasure-hunting days. Jose also declared in court that his father never found a golden Buddha.[3]"

Marcos family still hounded by hunter of golden Buddha | GulfNews.com

But let me guess: Goons from the Marcos estate must've gotten ahold of this son, and tortured him or brainwashed him to say that. Right ? "

As far as the 2nd link, you are not banned from T'net (otherwise you wouldn't be here posting :)) But I'll cut and paste the pertinent part of that link too, as it pertains to the current conversation :

" Historian Skeptics question the whole thing to begin with. Taken from wiki:

"Though accounts that the treasure remains hidden in the Philippines have lured treasure hunters from around the world for over fifty years, its existence is dismissed by most experts.[1][2][3] .....

University of the Philippines professor Ricardo Jose has questioned the theory that treasure from mainland South East Asia was transported to the Philippines: "By 1943 the Japanese were no longer in control of the seas... It doesn't make sense to bring in something that valuable here when you know it's going to be lost to the Americans anyway. The more rational thing would have been to send it to Taiwan or China."[10]

Philippines National Historical Institute chairman and historian Ambeth Ocampo commented: “Two of the wealth myths I usually encounter are the Yamashita treasure and gossip that the Cojuangco fortune was founded on a bag of money…” Ocampo also said: "For the past 50 years many people, both Filipinos and foreigners, have spent their time, money and energy in search of Yamashita's elusive treasure.” Professor Ocampo noted “What makes me wonder is that for the past 50 years, despite all the treasure hunters, their maps, oral testimony and sophisticated metal detectors, nobody has found a thing.”

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i want to thank u tom ,,,,, the only thing i could add from my knowledge is if treasure did land here 1943-1944 it most likely been on a hospital ship to a big port city in the north not the south and inland treasures are stupid u carry 100 tons up 4000 foot mountains (no trains go up mountains here) and the only real line was in luzon .......if people just realize they had very little fuel left in 1944 it could be only used in planes in negros nothing else all the troops walked so tom that just adds ammo to your gun 99% of the stories are stupid ....thanks again tom

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... 99% of the stories are stupid ....thanks again tom

You're welcome. 2 things I would add to what you're saying:

a) I have no doubt, that a faithful believe will come up with SOME far-fetched theory, where they could explain the method, motives, physical ability, etc... to move a treasure up a 4000 ft. mountain. And then the method, ability, motives, to bury it 20 to 30 ft. deep. And at NO POINT is anything in their surmisings not valid. I mean, heck, they built the pyramids of Egypt by hand labor, right ? Heck, people have been known to do stranger things than this, right ? So as long as someone in the "faithful" crowd can come up with some strange way or means or motive: Then in their mind's eyes: This is 100% true.

After all, they might have bought a map from a man on a street corner, wearing a trench coat, in Manilla ! The map, of course, will have stellar bullet proof lineage . Eg.: a soldier who was on Yamashita's crew who survived the war. And the map's been passed down in the family ever since. Can't argue with that, right ?

b) The mere fact that you say "99%" is going to make this impossible to ever put to rest. Because let's be perfectly honest: Everyone's simply going to think that THEIR lead (map, story, beep of their detector, funny squiggle on rock, etc...) is the "1%".

Because remember : Every story you hear is bullet proof stellar lineage.

I say/type this with utmost respect. You have been more than fair to engage. I do not mean badgering or disrespect in any way. I am trying to be totally speaking with logical and psychological parameters, as it pertains to treasure possibilities.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, remember it violates our rules to post links to other treasure forums.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I'm not sure why that old rule matters much these days? Everyone eventually ends up at TNET anyway.

Oh well, it's ok. I cut & pasted the text of what I wanted to post/show from that link anyhow.

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been to PI numerous times... suggest that you go elsewhere on this big planet of ours. The rural areas have some of the most highly armed people on the planet. Besides that little message of joy, it also has one of the most corrupt government. If you have a death-wish, this is the place to get your very own Darwin Award.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been to PI numerous times... suggest that you go elsewhere on this big planet of ours. The rural areas have some of the most highly armed people on the planet. Besides that little message of joy, it also has one of the most corrupt government. If you have a death-wish, this is the place to get your very own Darwin Award.

And yet more than 100 million people live, work, grow up, raise babies and grow old there. It's truly a wonder that they haven't all died.

The mortality rate is about the same as Colombia, Brazil, Palestine, Mexico or India. Pretty much everywhere people are brown it's the same. Probably more related to poverty, diet and work conditions than government corruption or guns. The death rate in the Philippines is actually about 30% lower than it is in the U.S.

Murder rate? Try Jamaica, Trindad, Bahamas, Honduras, Russia, Costa Rica, Barbados, Grenada, or Panama. They all have much higher murder rates than the Philippines. In fact the Philippines murder rate is about the same as the U.S. in 1995.

Highly armed? You would be hard pressed to find any civilian population as well armed as rural Arizona except possibly Israel. I'm guessing about 20 firearms per person in my immediate neighborhood if you ignore the two that have more than 200. The other neighborhoods I'm familiar with are about the same. It's an open and concealed carry state with no registration or permits required. The murder rate has been dropping in Arizona since concealed carry without a permit has been legal. It's about half the average murder rate in the U.S. as a whole.

In any case I've never seen any studies that show an armed populace to be any more inclined to violence against visitors than an unarmed populace. New York, San Francisco and Chicago being just a few examples of unarmed yet dangerous places to visit. I'm sure you can think of a few hundred more.

By the numbers those having a "death wish" would have a much greater chance of offing themselves by visiting Chicago or Stockton California than they would in the Philippines. Incidentally both those extremely dangerous cities have a virtual ban on gun ownership.

There are a lot of dangerous places for the casual traveler to visit. For those travelers with experience with different cultures the odds of getting into trouble are greatly diminished. I would visit the Philippines without hesitation. Then again I enjoy traveling and experiencing different cultures. Even when those cultures are made up of brown skinned people.

About this Darwin Award - are you on the nominating committee or is your experience more as a consumer? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
R3ne ... u sould list what island ,,,,,so the tourist miner knows he does not have to travel far to see u,,,,, and so the viewers better understand <<<<< to viewers he talking some where in PANAY NEGROS CEBU BOHOL LEYTE SAMAR ISLAND and about 100 other small islands

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
THATS GREAT BAD FOR BUSINESS CREW ....I GUESS U NEVER BEEN ON A SUBWAY TRAIN FILLED WITH WESTIES .........NCCLAYMAKER .......YES THAT SITE COULD BE DANGEROUS .....ENTIL U FOUND A TREASURE ,,,, THEN U KNOW WHAT REAL DANGER LIKE IN D DAY .......DONT MATTER WHAT SIDE OF THE PLANET YOUR ON .....REMEMBER U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ATTACKS LIKE THERE IN BIG APPLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread