Upvote 0

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first, I do not know of areas in the phillipines, but a heads up thats important. When traveling in certain countries
you need to be extra careful, I know that the jungles in the phillipines harbor some unsavory, anti american militant
groups. In addition, when in countries where there is extreme poverty, you need to take care, that your detector
will be a magnet for bandits.

Using your detector at a beach in a heavy tourist area may be safer, but remember there are thieves who thrive on
tourist. of course thats almost everywhere, but in countries where there is much poverty more so.

Here in Panama if they know you are an american, its like you are walking around with a sign on your head that
says ATM. I am more fortunate as my wife is Panamanian, so she knows the ropes. Panama is a great place
for vacation, detecting the tourist areas of the miles of beach.

Prospecting for gold is a different game, need to go to the interior rural areas. There is a company called Panama
adventures, and one other that advertises vacations of gold prospecting. These would be safer bets. No I do not work for them
just a retired vet, whose been around the block.

best wishes and good luck

OP
OP
M

mirajs57

Oct 16, 2010
Yes, thank you for reply. Some area there are problems with rebels. Nice to know if anybody try metal detecting this country like me. I plan go there in March next year. I have a Philippine girlfriend, however she has no knowledge about gold.

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
(Finding gold) :icon_sunny:
Go to this site http://www.mindat.org/loc-21930.html >find your region on the map or find your prvovince in the list below>open all the links and find the ones that say major commodities gold or trace gold.

(my opinion)
Perhaps after seeing all the sites find the ones that seem safest or easiest to get to. As far as thieves I would suppose that yes they would be concentrated in the tourist areas or in places where they would have the best chance of finding a victim. I doubt being far away from a tourist area in the jungle somewhere they will be looking. Besides I bet you can hire a guide and they would be armed and know the lay of the land well.
:read2:
I don't know about militants or political issues in country.
I would look into it contact the authorities in the area look up information on the area and so on. You might find a forum from there so you can speak with other people from where ever your going. I am sure there is a group of people like you there

If you tell me exactly where you will be going I will make a map of the area you want with only gold mines on a google map.
http://www.goldminingequipment.info

(Geology)
Gold is found along or near fault lines and is also found in certain types of rock. You can download google earth and then get a geologic overlay for the area you need.

OP
OP
M

mirajs57

Oct 16, 2010
Thank you for your reply.
I consider Cagayan de Oro district in Mindanao, Surigao, Sibuyan Island in Visayas. However, I can go anywhere except some hot areas in southern Mindanao or a NPA dominated areas in Bicol. The most important is that I need a proper place where gold is in suitable form. For instance, in Compostella Valley near Nabunturan the gold is dispersed in fine grain inside the rock. The panning or metal detecting is not possible. So for me is most important to look for place where the gold is in suitable sized nuggets.

Numinen

Dec 30, 2007
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium Coils 3X7, 8" Mono, 10" x 14" DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late reply for you but for others Camarines Norte is good if you like to hount for some Gold in Philippines!

mirajs57 said:
Is here somebody with good knowledge of Philippines? What are the best places for gold dredging, using of metal detectors, etc.
I have selected some places for visit during my vacation in February 2011 (Sibuyan, Compostella Valey, Surigao) whre some gold is. However, I accept advice from more experienced. (any good area to try metal detector?)

Numinen

Dec 30, 2007
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
thats a nice place to go and get killed! what about the bandits/outlaws in the hills. i read about some people being kidnapped and held for ransom.

I´w yet not been kidnapped yet.
And there are always risks in life if you dont dare anything u got nothing to win as I see it!

juanwangy

Oct 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pm, does anybody know who has a, gold detector/scanner or ground penetrating device here located in Northern Mindanao? we have a site here in Mindanao that needs detecting. The place used to be a japanese barracks. we just want to make sure that we can pinpoint the exact location where we will dig.

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lem 49 i,m in the Philippines and many people here have money those groups you talked about kill Philippines all so there are many ways to make money here if your broke here your very lazy i like it here i,m from USA your right all ways good to have some one with you i find silver coins from the USA war here it said united states of America on one side and a man neeling on the other side very nice as big as a us nickel or smaller.Most people here are very friendly you have punks or bad guys any where in the world the us is full of them be good all.

talim

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
Manila
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davao's mains product is GOLD, so there is plenty...

I have a friend not far away from Davao that finds some but need equipment to find more, a metal detector could be a good thing for a start.

Gold in river tends to hang in the curves, good places to explore dry river curves.

There are many reports about professional mining in Philippines on the net as well.

erictreasure

Greenie
Dec 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a site here in the Visayan region and we have some positive signs engraved in the rock namely ( a heart shape, an F and an arrow). Our site also has a Japanese history. A lot of treasure hunters(korean and japanese) have been visiting our lot before and were very interested. Some of the koreans dug up some bones and brought it to korea. It is in the mountains and is near a river creek. A bomb was also found beside our lot and the bomb( water barrel size) was pointing to our lot. I would want to now if you have gadgets or a scanner that would be able to see the object and its depth. If possible, may I ask for your contact number. I am willing to negotiate it with you. Thank you very much. Happy Holidays and God bless you all.

Numinen

Dec 30, 2007
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets Opend it again :-)

Four killed in CamSur over small mining row

Caramoan Mayor Jun Cordial, Vice Mayor Irene Breis and Barangay Gata Captain Mercy Sueno yesterday appealed for immediate assistance from the national government after Sagip Kalikasan personnel allegedly killed four barangay folk in the gold-rich island-barangay Gata in Caramoan, Camarines Sur.
The killings took place after Sagip Kalikasan personnel were said to have harassed residents over small mining in Barangay Gata. This prompted the local folk to apply for a “minahan ng bayan permit” from the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
While the permit was being processed, the MGB issued a temporary permit through DENR-MGB personnel Marcel Pestaño so that the residents of Gata could support their livelihood and maintain order in the area.
Because of this, the barangay residents were able to continue their small mining activities which had been their livelihood since World War II.
Irked by this development, the Camarines Sur Sagip Kalikasan personnel in Gata, Caramoan headed by Eco Tria yesterday insisted that the barangay residents should halt their mining operations.
In response, Barangay Captain Mercy Sueno presented the temporary permit of the barangay residents and asked the Sagip Kalikasan personnel to present documents that would prove their presence in the was legal.
Tria asserted that they were there under the orders of Gov. Luis Miguel Villafuerte. He presented a document which showed that the Sagip Kalikasan personnel were allowed to conduct a checkpoint.
The lady barangay captain questioned the document by saying that it does not apply in the island barangay since checkpoints are conducted on roads.
Tria asked the barangay residents to wait as he would confer with “higher” officials.
Tria left the barangay but returned with about 20 Sagip Kalikasan personnel. They allegedly pointed their guns at the barangay residents engaged in mining.
When the barangay residents felt they had no choice but to fight, the Sagip Kalikasan personnel allegedly opened fire, instantly killing four residents, with one victim hit in the eye.
This prompted the municipal officials headed by Mayor Constantino Cordial and Vice Mayor Irene Breis to reiterate their request for the national government to intervene.
Municipal officials of Caramoan question the presence and illegal activities of the provincial government’s Sagip Kalikasan in the island which conducts its own gold-mining activities.

Four killed in CamSur over small mining row

4 deaths expose gold mining in Caramoan | Bicol Mail

Environment men tagged in miners? slay | Inquirer News

Be avere of the guys the guvenour Villa fuerte has in this area nighter thy or their boss is among the friendliest or most trustworthiest in in Cam Sur
Dispite this I would say the area is defenitly intresting for anyone who likes a good alluvial gold adventure.

Last edited:

R3ne

Jan 8, 2018
Cagayan de Oro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Though this post is old, Im replying considering that Im from the Philippines. I just registered in this site. If you are interested I can be your partner in hunting gold bars in my place. I suspected alot of gold bars buried underground in my farm considering some suspicious treasure signs. My neighbors even got some by plowing a field. If you have gold scanner, we can work together on this. You can contact me at my email address [email protected].

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
your in CDO ill pass the word to a friend who might be interested he be in negros toward the end of the month

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hello. Though this post is old, Im replying considering that Im from the Philippines. I just registered in this site. If you are interested I can be your partner in hunting gold bars in my place. I suspected alot of gold bars buried underground in my farm considering some suspicious treasure signs. My neighbors even got some by plowing a field. If you have gold scanner, we can work together on this. You can contact me at my email address [email protected].

Well of course. "Gold bars" in the Philippines, eh ? Challenge to you : Go to those neighbors who you say "got some". Ask them if you can take some pix, evaluate them, etc..... Guaranteed: The story will un-ravel. As: "Well gee , we didn't actually see/find them. But we got it on good authority from so & so". Ok, so you track down so & so. Well guess what ? He too didn't actually see the gold bars either. But not to worry! Because he got it on good authority from so & so .

Are you beginning to see the permanent regression ?

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
hello tom........ as always your probably 100% correct .....this story like a broken record ......i wont waste my time with it ....

Fake Politics & Political lies Removed.
DON'T POST POLITICS !!!!!!!

Jeff of Pa

Last edited by a moderator:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry jeff of pa. i wont do it again and i didnt know it was fake news thats what i heard ill take your word for it

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well of course. "Gold bars" in the Philippines, eh ?

While I completely agree with your underlying premise it is important not to completely dismiss this. After all there is a court ruling (from the wacky 9th circuit) on the matter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions