Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 354
  1. #256
    Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

    Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    1,782
    67 times

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Everybody loves a train wreck, I think it is scripted.

  2. #257
    mts
    mts is offline
    us
    May 2009
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    1,179
    4 times

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by jog
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by jog
    There teasing you.... They had to show the nugget so you will come back next week, then they will show just a little more for the next one and then there will be a great ending to get you to come back next season. Anybody who claims the show is so stupid but has to keep watching it to see what will happen just doesn't get it. It's "REALITY TV" if it's so stupid turn it OFF then the ratings won't be so good.


    i do not think anyone said said anything about (WANTING) to watch stupid, (we do not ask to see stupid) (stupid is what we get,) (and the more we watch the more stupider they get...) watching stupid people can be quite entertaining, Have you seen any of the jackass movies? DITTO



    You were right, nobody said stupid. I believe it was the word Dumb, I stand corrected.
    wow JUST WATCHED UP TO WHERE THE OLD GUY WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, cut the bars out,
    but instead of trying it to see if it worke tod hits it with the excivator.
    " test it till it breaks" moron.

    hmmmmm, thats all me and the wifey talked about that night, how this (experienced) must i reiterate, EXPERIENCED guy comes in and wants to help but yet this laughing stock of fools give him a hard time and then have the gall to push him literally.... here they are been mining for 3 months got 2 ozillys of gold the guy comes in and makes a modification to the bars and they get almost 4 ounces in 6 hours of running material , you would think they would be all ears for some experience but no they still continue to butt heads, i can just puke over there obnoxious behavior...
    I understand that the guy has a lot of experience finding gold. But he evidently has ZERO experience working with people. I agree that the original gang is made up of idiots who are hot heads. But Fred needs to understand that you don't sit and watch over someone's shoulder recanting the same suggestion over and over and over again and not expect the recipient of your advice to get pissed off. Fred is used to getting his way. But there are a dozen different ways to do the same job. I can't even count how many times he made the same suggestion which fell on deaf ears. Eventually, he got pushed because of it.

    Make your suggestion, once, twice, then back off. Fred needs to learn how to work with the team. If he was half as good at working with people as he is at finding gold then there wouldn't be any problems. Sure, the original team needs knocked down a peg and needs to listen to Fred. But Fred needs to quit expecting to always get his way on every little detail.

    Pick your battles wisely. Don't hound someone over and over on some tiny little task that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Instead, let them do what they have to do. So what if it takes an extra 15 minutes.

  3. #258
    us
    Feb 2009
    Southern and Central Illinois
    Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
    294
    2 times

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by mts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by jog
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by jog
    There teasing you.... They had to show the nugget so you will come back next week, then they will show just a little more for the next one and then there will be a great ending to get you to come back next season. Anybody who claims the show is so stupid but has to keep watching it to see what will happen just doesn't get it. It's "REALITY TV" if it's so stupid turn it OFF then the ratings won't be so good.


    i do not think anyone said said anything about (WANTING) to watch stupid, (we do not ask to see stupid) (stupid is what we get,) (and the more we watch the more stupider they get...) watching stupid people can be quite entertaining, Have you seen any of the jackass movies? DITTO



    You were right, nobody said stupid. I believe it was the word Dumb, I stand corrected.
    wow JUST WATCHED UP TO WHERE THE OLD GUY WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, cut the bars out,
    but instead of trying it to see if it worke tod hits it with the excivator.
    " test it till it breaks" moron.

    hmmmmm, thats all me and the wifey talked about that night, how this (experienced) must i reiterate, EXPERIENCED guy comes in and wants to help but yet this laughing stock of fools give him a hard time and then have the gall to push him literally.... here they are been mining for 3 months got 2 ozillys of gold the guy comes in and makes a modification to the bars and they get almost 4 ounces in 6 hours of running material , you would think they would be all ears for some experience but no they still continue to butt heads, i can just puke over there obnoxious behavior...
    I understand that the guy has a lot of experience finding gold. But he evidently has ZERO experience working with people. I agree that the original gang is made up of idiots who are hot heads. But Fred needs to understand that you don't sit and watch over someone's shoulder recanting the same suggestion over and over and over again and not expect the recipient of your advice to get pissed off. Fred is used to getting his way. But there are a dozen different ways to do the same job. I can't even count how many times he made the same suggestion which fell on deaf ears. Eventually, he got pushed because of it.

    Make your suggestion, once, twice, then back off. Fred needs to learn how to work with the team. If he was half as good at working with people as he is at finding gold then there wouldn't be any problems. Sure, the original team needs knocked down a peg and needs to listen to Fred. But Fred needs to quit expecting to always get his way on every little detail.

    Pick your battles wisely. Don't hound someone over and over on some tiny little task that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Instead, let them do what they have to do. So what if it takes an extra 15 minutes.


    i have to agree that fred does seem to lack people skills, might have something to do with being in such a remote area all his life, who knows if this guy has ever really had any friends.... i just think these guys were gunning for him from the get go you can see from the onset they were not pleased with him even being there... HH
    I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it.  HH  Joe Hoo?  Southern and Central Illinois

  4. #259
    mts
    mts is offline
    us
    May 2009
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    1,179
    4 times

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoo?

    i have to agree that fred does seem to lack people skills, might have something to do with being in such a remote area all his life, who knows if this guy has ever really had any friends.... i just think these guys were gunning for him from the get go you can see from the onset they were not pleased with him even being there... HH
    I totally agree. You make a good point about Fred probably being in remote areas for much of his life with very few people around.

    There are multiple parties at fault here. The original team is clearly miffed that the owner sent in his lackey, implying that they weren't capable of doing it themselves. And Fred's attitude doesn't help matters. It's a classic confrontational situation. It happens in all walks of life every day (I'm dealing with something similar in a business situation right now). But if Fred were half the people person that he is a miner he would have that team whipped into shape in no time. Instead, his arrogance will cause the rest of the team to despise him and work against him. But I guess that's what the writers probably want.

  5. #260
    us
    Jan 2006
    Anchorage AK
    Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
    388

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Just found this thread so I figure I will throw my 2 cents in to this discussion

    First thing is the cast are a bunch of complete morons, from the moment they set foot on the claim they have screwed up in detail. Any intelligent person who researched placer mining for a couple of weeks would do a much better job. Somehow the whole success of a reality TV show is based on how disfunctional the players are. They're lack of mining skills are commensurate with their lack of people skills. TV producers are as much as fault as the crew I am sure though.

    Second, Having lived in Alaska for 35 years I can offer any of you who are thinking of coming here advice, maybe more if the deal is right. Logistics in Alaska in the biggest hurdle, without proper planning and preparation you will fail in any operation requiring more than what you can carry on your back. The Gold Rush team has things easy as they are very close to a town and also close to a freight terminal as everything in Alaska comes from Seattle. They are closer to Seattle than I am to Haines as I am in Anchorage and its a 860 mile drive for me. As a contractor I have quite a bit of experience getting things to the right place on time.

    Alaska mining issues, not in any order of importance:

    Logistics

    Weather, other than May thru September it is damned cold here, and rain is prevalent, forget the solar panels

    High costs of pretty much everything, especially transportation and freight

    Wildlife, some of it is not to be messed with, no animal is entirely predictable, bears in particular, I lost two friends to bears in one week 600 miles apart in the 90's

    Regulations, they were lucky they didn't get a fat fine for driving across the creek, then tapping into it, since the claim they are on is patented they have alot fewer issues

    Short season, see weather again

    Permafrost, this is a big one, anywhere further north than Anchorage may have permafrost which is basically frozen ground, since most of Alaska has been altered by glaciers there is quite a bit of overburden in most areas, sometimes requiring many years of work to just thaw deep enough to reach the paydirt (hurry up global warming) One of our best friends spent many years working his claim removing several feet of frozen overburden a year before making a dime.

    Transporting equipment to remote areas, as there are no roads to speak of any heavy equipment must be moved overland in the winter to prevent damage to the tundra, also there is a good chance of losing your equipment in the various swamps and bogs which cover every flat area in the state, every mine in the state off the road system has its own runway, as flying is the only method of resupply, spares, fuel etc. If you are lucky enough to be on the Yukon or Kuskokwim there is usually a barge once a year for fuel and heavy objects.

    So if any of you guys thinking of coming to Alaska want an Alaskan in your group or just friendly advice, I can help out with either, I have never done more than a little prospecting here and detecting but I know the right people if I can't readily answer any question. One enticing claim I saw for sale in the last year they guy would show you exactly where to mine the gold to pay him for the claim, guaranteed, he just wanted out.





  6. #261
    us
    Jan 2011
    233

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    I live in Sandy Oregon myself and these guys in no way shape or form represent the northwest. I find it odd I have never met nor heard of any of these guys before this show aired.

    I wonder if Todd Hoffman has any relationship with Hoffman Construction (a large construction company in Portland Oregon).

  7. #262
    Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

    Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    1,782
    67 times

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    The shows main feature last night was how they are running out of production time this year. Yet when the show started, there were three of them out fishing, in the middle of a bright clear day.

  8. #263
    us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    2,914
    567 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayCloud
    Everybody loves a train wreck, I think it is scripted.
    Not only that, but dumb people (aka viewers) love people that are dumber than they are.

    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

    "You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

  9. #264
    jog
    jog is offline
    us
    jog

    Nov 2008
    Tillamook Oregon
    Whites MXT / GMT
    1,144
    276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Black sand is getting better along with the Gold. Next week I predict that they will hit bedrock and get good Gold right at the end of the show, if they don't there wont be any reason for you to come back and watch it next season.
    Those Who Say It Can't Be Done Shouldn't Interupt Those That Are Doing It.

  10. #265
    us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    4,074
    37 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Did my eyes deceive me ? they got a machine that separates out 98% of the black sand leaving only non magnetic finds to clean ?.....I'm sorry since the first pan they ever ran I been saying give me 2 of my detectors an my desert fox an I'd run circles around em .
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69 ™

  11. #266
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    4,635
    1800 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Episode 9

    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

  12. #267
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    4,635
    1800 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Luck
    Not only that, but dumb people (aka viewers) love people that are dumber than they are.
    I new I lakt you fer sum raeson.
    You fit rat in witduh rest ovus.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

  13. #268
    us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    4,074
    37 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Has anyone else noticed how much black sand is in his ""keeper "" bottle with his gold
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69 ™

  14. #269
    us
    Sep 2010
    Groveland, CA
    1,154
    341 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    Well if I had the claim and saw he had a big hole dug and was past the $2 a bucket ore samples and my 20% for 2010 didn't amount to a hill-o-beans I'd be tempted to renegotiate his lease, if I leased it at all. Heck Jimmy D is probably rushing to get the book to print at this very moment.

  15. #270
    jog
    jog is offline
    us
    jog

    Nov 2008
    Tillamook Oregon
    Whites MXT / GMT
    1,144
    276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

    I heard Dorsey was charging $2.00 for an autograph at the Roseberg Gold and treasure show in Oregon. That's getting pretty low...
    Those Who Say It Can't Be Done Shouldn't Interupt Those That Are Doing It.

 

 
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

gold rush salaries
,

how did john schnabel lose his finger

,
how much does parker schnabel get paid per episode
,

how much does parker schnabel make per episode

,

john schnabel died gold rush

,
john schnabel finger
,
john schnabel missing finger
,

john schnabel net worth

,

parker schnabel pay per episode

,
parker schnabel salary per episode
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3