Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks....

Actually I have been on here for a while...but mostly posting in other catigories... but this one interested me... but since the crash...it says I am a new member...but I am not...

I have "hit" a lot of good pay streaks...in my years... Gold mining can be rewarding, should be fun and is certainly EXPENSIVE to operate...

Klondike...

Attachments

• operational plant.JPG
    operational plant.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 5,235

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hat's off to ya' Klondike :notworthy:

So hows the "lost treasure" hunting going?
You lookin' on land or sea or both?

GG~

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again...

I search both land and sea...

So far, most treasure tales / stories are just that...really big stories... very romanticized over the years... Out of the 300 or so I have investigated, have found one to be true...

Off shore here in Texas is where the real treasures are at...still at the bottom of the gulf and close to shore...

Unfortunately, Texas has some extremely outdated and bad recovery laws.... if the treasure is on or in public land / water.... IT BELONGS TO THE STATE...PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I do most of my searching on private land as the state has no claim to goods on private land...

Off shore, I have located 16 old Spanish gallions, between Corpus Christi and the tip of South Padre Island, TX... from the 1554 fleet to some unknown ships...probably of the early 1700's or so, but they're to expensive to recover considering what the state wants for their share, nearly 100 %...

I have 2 really big finds... and I mean really big finds...and they're very well known treasures.. but due to the location, and who is all involved, I have a nondisclosure agreement and cannot speak of them...in any specific terms...

In figuring you'll be asking what I use.... I'll say this.....I use a Minelab and a Fisher Gold Bug II and a Fisher 2 box when detecting, but rarely detect....instead I use some really new and interesting technology....that allows me to see significant distances...and through any other object...for whatever I am seeking...the new technology is very controversial to some folks... not to me because it works and works very well... but a small group does take great exception to the theory behind the technology I use...

Usually what I find ...I am under a nondisclosure agreement...and we use these agreements for several very good reasons, like the IRS, the State of Texas and to keep private property owners from being flooded with calls and people walking across their property....

As an example...I was in WI this year when the meteor hit WI... I was so disappointed with people in general.. as meteorite hunters walked across, drove across and simply destroyed freshly plowed fields, without permission... so Nondisclosure is the name of the game...greed is one...if not the strongest emotion man has...

Klondike...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put Klondike :icon_thumleft:
I knew I liked you from the first post of yours that I read.

And I know all about non disclosure, mum is the word.
I feel blessed to have been born without the greed gene.
Seen first hand what it does to otherwise good people.

As far as LRL's go ....Just another useful tool in the arsenal as far as I'm concerned.
Best wishes to you and yours and may you have continued success.
Sounds to me like you are most deserving indeed.

Sincerely,
GG~

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you again...

I try to lead a clean and productive life... not wanting to remember which lie I said when and to whom it was said...... I just say it as it is...while some do not like the truth, the truth will never fail you... and for some, even myself, the truth will get in the way of what I want to accomplish... and yet, after 60 years on this earth, I have learned one hard fast realism ... the truth will always win...no matter how much you may want to bend it...

Thanks again for your kind words.. and to you and yours, remember the real reason for the season...

Happy t hunting to you and yours and MerryCchristmas...

Klondike...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night's episode

It seems that Murphy's law has been working overtime with them.
Looks like the guys are getting closer to getting some gold though. :icon_thumleft:

And like Klondikeike said, they have to use a lot of diesel fuel daily just to operate.
So If they don't hit a rich deposit soon they could go bankrupt before they even get started.

I'm guessing they will hit paydirt, just in the nick of time..... makes for a good story that way.
Hope they all get rich they sure are earning it the hard way.

GG~

Episode #4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHCwUWCTiTk

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
The show does not seem to deal with mining much. The thing that turned me off was the the bear shooting. I live in bear country, never had a problem (maybe it is my dog, a 15 pound wire haired terrier) Dad popping rounds off from his pocket pistol up the hill seems dangerous to me. I wonder if they will win the lawsuit against the Discovery Channel when one of the idiots kills or cripples another of the idiots.

In short I am not a fan of the show.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D
There's gold in them there hills, or should i say, :o
there's bears in them there hills.
45 guns, over kill.

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess a somewhat sane TV flim crew is ALSO there with them, BUT I can't believe no one questioned their Drinking Water from a stream? Nor did they scout out up stream , Damn!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaptJohn said:
Well, I guess a somewhat sane TV flim crew is ALSO there with them, BUT I can't believe no one questioned their Drinking Water from a stream? Nor did they scout out up stream , Damn!

That really floored me because I even filter my tap water at home. The chemical DEET in the mosquito repellent also could have been causing the childs problems. I had an episode with it myself, that is some nasty stuff, of course I was using the strongest concentration available. :tongue3:

In the DEET Reregistration Eligibility Decision, the United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ (EPA) reported 14 to 46 cases of potential DEET-associated seizures, including 4 deaths. The EPA states: "... it does appear that some cases are likely related to DEET toxicity."

DEET was developed by the United States Army, following its experience of jungle warfare during World War II. It was originally tested as a pesticide on farm fields, and entered military use in 1946 and civilian use in 1957. It was used in Vietnam and Southeast Asia.

Recently, DEET has been found to inhibit the activity of a central nervous system enzyme, acetylcholinesterase, in both insects and mammals. This enzyme is involved in the hydrolysis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, thus playing a role in the function of the neurons which control muscles. Because of this property, many insecticides are used to block acetylcholinesterase, which leads to an excessive accumulation of acetylcholine at the synaptic cleft, causing neuromuscular paralysis and death by asphyxiation. :o

It's back to using Avon "Skin so Soft bug guard" for me, keeps the skeeters off and no harmful side effects. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did have a bear tag! Maybe they just wanted to shoot a fricken bear. "Hell" I shoot one every year, just had to hype it up a little bit for the camera's. Get over it!!

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
There is nothing wrong with legal bear hunting. I have killed a couple nuisance bears. Not much to it, ten times easier then deer hunting. The problem is the bears are not a threat to them. If I leave food scraps out here in West Virginia I will have bears in the yard. Show me a documented wild bear attack( not feeding park bears) You have a better chance of hittting the lottery then being attacked by a wild bear!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out Todd! :laughing7:

todd.jpg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snake35 said:
There is nothing wrong with legal bear hunting. I have killed a couple nuisance bears. Not much to it, ten times easier then deer hunting. The problem is the bears are not a threat to them. If I leave food scraps out here in West Virginia I will have bears in the yard. Show me a documented wild bear attack( not feeding park bears) You have a better chance of hittting the lottery then being attacked by a wild bear!

WHOA,DUDE you better check your facts!!!!People are attacked in the U.S. every year.In Montana on average three + a year!!!Very well documented!!

Now that being said,those are by Grizzlies....you do know the difference dont you???The show doesnt :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

Need more??I can go on????

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have watched I guess 3 episodes. Pfftt... Those guys... All you can say is, yes they actually did it, they packed up, headed out and are doing it. I just can't take it any longer. It's an unorganized cluster. The guy in charge doesn't want to be or know how to organize and lead a team. It is one predictable problem after another. I will actually be shocked if they turn a profit. And Discovery channel $$$ doesn't count. Let me know if the show gets any better because I would like to see some actual recovery.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
How many of the three annual bear attacks are from rogue bears? How many are from tourists messing with the bears?

This is not a anti-hunting rant. I am a hunter and trapper. Some people just are not responsible enough to go into the wild by themselves.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snake35 said:
How many of the three annual bear attacks are from rogue bears? How many are from tourists messing with the bears?

This is not a anti-hunting rant. I am a hunter and trapper. Some people just are not responsible enough to go into the wild by themselves.

Whoa,back up,why are you avoiding the facts in the link posted???You stated that there were no attacks from bears,the three annual I mentioned were just an average,that many years is more, and what is a "ROGUE",bear?Wouldnt any bear that "attacks",a human being be a "rogue bear"?
No all of these are not fed bears or park bears.You obviously have zero experience(personal),or knowledge(factual) of GRIZZLY bears.Due to the fact that the are no longer hunted in the lower 48,they have lost there fear of humans and realize that people are a source of food,be it human food,a human killed animal,or just because a human happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.I have been a Government trapper for 15 years,and was a big game guide for 10 years before that and will personally tell you BEARS will attack you,I have witnessed it first hand,and have several very good friends(one of which didnt survive)that were attacked totally unprovoked,MILES from any park or civilization.You are way off bud!!!

And for the record I thought it was total BS when they shot that BLACK bear on that joke of a show,thats what gives hunters a bad name

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
GoodyGuy said:
Watch out Todd! :laughing7:

WEow!

Hey Goodyguy, thanks so much for that information that you shared! And posting the video, and everything else.
Everyone should check out Goodyguys private forum here on this website it's pretty cool.

LOTS A AU 2 U!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread