Keyesville

kernminer23

Dec 17, 2010
Whiskey Flat
Detector(s) used
Whites & Bounty Hunter
Went to Keyesville again today... still no pickers but lots of flour gold. I know im bound to find me a nugget one of these days. The gold from there is so fine that I need to set up my poop tube or finish my recirculating sluice. I have found really fine stuff every time I go there I just need to figure a better and faster approach to removing the flour from the black sand... Any thoughts??

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
get a shaker table, or make one

or what i did before i got a shaker, was screen the concentrates, use a magnet on the on the black sands, then run the material through a rain gutter cut off with burlap and plaster lathe expanded metal, worked great for me but it was time consuming.

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a Miller table. Ive heard they work better than a blue bowl for super fine gold. I have never used one, but i am going to make one soon. Do you live in the lake isabella area kernminer ? I shure could use some tips from an experianced prospector in this area.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello Kernminer,

Last time I was out your way I hooked up with Jeff Fish, he owns a mining supply store near lake isabella and is very knowledgeable about gold and that area. I met him on gpaa forum in the classified section, good guy!! See if he is still out that way, I know a lot of people moved when they drained the lake per dam issues. Good luck and good gold to ya, Gravelwasher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread