Is there a possibilty for gold 250 under ground in rock crushed by a TBM?

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Eureka Gold, 2" and 4" dredges, Gold Hog raptor 2.0 flare high banker, Mini Piglet Flare, Garrett ATX, Gold Hog Multi Sluice, (2) Gold Bug 2 detectors, Mine Lab Monster 1000 detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• Cobra Jet.jpg
    Cobra Jet.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
Re: Is there a possibilty for gold 250' under ground in rock crushed by a TBM?

give it a try, i know of two gold finds from water well drilling.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why not there is gold mines that is that deep or deeper......Matt

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Eureka Gold, 2" and 4" dredges, Gold Hog raptor 2.0 flare high banker, Mini Piglet Flare, Garrett ATX, Gold Hog Multi Sluice, (2) Gold Bug 2 detectors, Mine Lab Monster 1000 detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I will give it a try, thank you manorman and mlayers for your input. I will keep you up to date on the fines if there is any.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

it's always possible, as long as there is a chance they ran through a vein

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is there a history of gold in the area of the drilling?

If so just sample a few pans of the material, it should tell you quickly if there is any gold in the material.

Skip

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sniffer said:
it's always possible, as long as there is a chance they ran through a vein

Well with the machine being 27 feet in diameter I'm sure we had to of hit a vein somewhere along the line.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AU Seeker said:

If so just sample a few pans of the material, it should tell you quickly if there is any gold in the material.

Skip
I am not exactly sure what the gold prospect is there in Austell. If anyone knows could you please let us all know.

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ace4166 said:
AU Seeker said:

Skip
I am not exactly sure what the gold prospect is there in Austell. If anyone knows could you please let us all know.

What state is Austell in?

Skip

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

where are their tailings going ? I have a friend that is working on that project.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

strickman said:
where are their tailings going ? I have a friend that is working on that project.
The tailings are running on a tunnel belt and to the top surface and piled up with a stacker belt.
Who is your friend, I'm sure I might know him.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AU Seeker said:
ace4166 said:
AU Seeker said:

Skip

What state is Austell in?

Skip
In Georgia

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Austell, Ga. is a little south of the gold belt, but not by much, so it is possible for gold to be in the material.

My grandmother lived all of her life in Austell, but when I was young and went to visit I didn't have the FEVER yet, and after I contracted the FEVER I've always wondered if there was any gold in that area, I will be very interested in the outcome of your testing of the material, even though my grandmother's property is no longer in the family!!

Skip

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009

Don't let the fact that no one has found gold in an area discourage you. I have been finding gold in a lot of places where even the USGS never found gold and in areas with no history of mining. Georgia still has a lot of sweet spots and you would be surprised by whats still out there. Also, in areas along the Carolina Slate belt, gold deposits routinely run much deeper then that. Good luck on the hunt.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my friend is chris, i do know they mine gold on the sweetwater creek - back during and before the civil war supposedly to make buttons for the uniforms . i have never checked there ,it is in the park near the brick factory ruins. so probably can't do anything there.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Astrobouncer said:
Don't let the fact that no one has found gold in an area discourage you. I have been finding gold in a lot of places where even the USGS never found gold and in areas with no history of mining. Georgia still has a lot of sweet spots and you would be surprised by whats still out there. Also, in areas along the Carolina Slate belt, gold deposits routinely run much deeper then that. Good luck on the hunt.

"Don't let the fact that no one has found gold in an area discourage you. I have been finding gold in a lot of places where even the USGS never found gold and in areas with no history of mining."

:headbang:

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AU Seeker said:
Austell, Ga. is a little south of the gold belt, but not by much, so it is possible for gold to be in the material.

My grandmother lived all of her life in Austell, but when I was young and went to visit I didn't have the FEVER yet, and after I contracted the FEVER I've always wondered if there was any gold in that area, I will be very interested in the outcome of your testing of the material, even though my grandmother's property is no longer in the family!!

Skip
I will definitely keep you up to date when I finally test this material. I will actually grad a couple of 5 gallon buckets this Monday when i go back to work.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Astrobouncer said:
Thanks Astro for all the positive input.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

strickman said:
my friend is chris, i do know they mine gold on the sweetwater creek - back during and before the civil war supposedly to make buttons for the uniforms . i have never checked there ,it is in the park near the brick factory ruins. so probably can't do anything there.
I know a 3 or 4 Chris's on the job site, what does he do there and what shift does he work? As for the mining on the sweetwater creek we actually have a drift as we call it about 10' away from it about 150' below it so I will definitely grab some of the material from the raise-bore operation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions