Atlanta, ID?

OP
OP
P

prospectorc4

Thank's for the input fifesters!...You get up there very often? I think I'll head up there next weekend. You ever take James creek? :o

fifesters

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2005
I don't get up there often, but I was thinking of going to the Boise Gold GPAA claim this weekend. I have never been there but It sounds like a great spot.

OP
OP
P

prospectorc4

I'm a fellow GPAA member myself! I was going to try to make it up to that claim this weekend also, but will have go to Pine because of schedules. I wanted to go last year but I had heard that flooding had made a real mess up there. I will try again this year. Good luck up there and let me know about the road and river conditions if you wouldn't mind.

C4

fifesters

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2005
Prospector 4---- I made it to Atlanta, I took the James creek road from Rocky Bar, It was posted as BAD, it was an under statement. I tore out a break line on the way down the grade, so I didn't spend much time prospecting. The river was high, but there was a guy running a highbanker and doing quite well. good luck.

OP
OP
P

prospectorc4

James creek is not for the weary! The first (and only) time I went up it I ended up with two flat tires and a bent tie rod. Phifer creek is my road of choice now. Have you been up to the fairly new claim between baumgardner and lightfoot bar? It's on the S. Fork Boise so there ought to be plenty of flood gold. I might have to check it out sometime.

fifesters

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2005
No I have only been to the Thunder dog and now the boise gold. I would like to get together some time for an outing. Are You going to be at the outing this weekend? I might be able to be there on sunday.

OP
OP
P

prospectorc4

Nope, have to work that weekend. You a member of a local chapter? I will be up at the Salmon outing again this year. I take vacation for that one. Maybe I'll see you up there if not before then. Give me a e-mail if you want to get together some time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions