Portable gear

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what i carry in and on my pack. so i can have my hands free to carry????? buckets, shovel, detector,classifier, ice chest?????? depends......but the pack set up stays pretty much the same give or take a snack or two roll of T.P.stuff like that.......not shown is the entrenching tool that fits in my pan stack and the metal ladle cup i snapped off and bent to scoop holes and cracks out with so i dont always have to wear gloves and can avoid the "Miners Manicure".....the handle of that ladle i bent in and made a tiny scoop its sweet and their stainless steel.......measuring spoons stainless steel.....get you some.... :headbang: 5 in 1 scraper....cheap.....prybars chisels......hammers....yardsale :sign13: yardsale :sign13: yardsale :sign13: The pack U.S.G.I. 8) A.L.I.C.E pack.........usually what like $49.00ish.surplus store if they have em....me luckiest man alive...$7.99...at the local thrift store.....and it is imaculate.......because of this pack i can go in alone...carrying only a stick or nothing else....and exolore, scout....relay...and be comfortable and relatively agile......

Attachments

• pack.2.jpg
    pack.2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 359
  • gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 357
  • pans.jpg
    pans.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 345
  • gear.2.jpg
    gear.2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 355
  • cool spot.jpg
    cool spot.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 349
  • pack.jpg
    pack.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's the way to go, I have two of those packs ,one loaded heavy -sniping tools and anything else I might need. The second is for light sniping and about 1/4 the weight.for longer treks.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I've been wanting to get a ALICE ruck sack and have found them at JAX for about 40 bucks but that is without the frame. Good ole military stuff and to think I hated carrying that thing in Alaska lol

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Looks good man. I also use a military pack similarly loaded. Mine is waterproof though, I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. I tend to pack in light though most of the time and only bring rock hammers and picks if I am working a bench deposit or some harder rock. With the bazooka gold trap, I can really travel light, and bring only it, a shovel and a single bucket to clean it up into. And that thing will move some insane dirt, about twice as much material as my drop riffle.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
takoda you need to check a deer cart . :thumbsup:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an old large rucksack as well. Has anyone here seen the Army's latest rucksack? Oh man those things are HUGE. I can put my Army sleeping bag in it and it only takes up maybe 1/3 of the interior. It has huge outer pockets too.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres what i carry and what i carry it in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread