How good is the LDMA?

angermd

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How good is the LDMA in comparison to GPAA? Does the LDMA have a ton of claims as well? I've seen that they also have claims in Colorado, but at this website ( http://www.goldprospectors.org/Membership/LDMA/tabid/64/Default.aspx ), they only show claims in CA, OR, GA, AZ, NC, and SC. I did request a brochure from them to see what all they offer, but I figure someone on the forums could answer just as quickly if not faster. Also, does anyone know how they charge for their membership? They have like 2 different payment amounts for the monthly, quarterly, and yearly plans. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your talkn' apples and oranges. LDMA mines PRIVATE PROPERTY,and a few claims. GPAA mines public property and uses others claims. Expensive but in todays litigaseous society a necessary evil BUT does not stop all the bans--plans requirements--and associated bs-- :wink:John

Dagdason

Oct 5, 2010
Been a GPAA member for 20 years, never had an issue. Cost is around $70 now and they have plenty of places to go on public land and member claims

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
LDMA has claims in almost every state. If you join the LDMA your automatically a member of the GPAA. I've been a member of GPAA for over 17 years now and a Life Member of the LDMA for a little over 10 years. Money well spent. Gold can be found at all LDMA claims by the way. You have to be an LDMA member to hunt on their claims. But like I said Money Well Spent. Not cheap tho, Lifetime membership is over $3,500.

Good luck to you.

HH

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus isn't it like a time share you have to pay a service fee each year for the upkeep of the property....Matt

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
since the new gpaa prez took over there has been quite a few clubs QUIT and several clubs got s%#@wed over by gpaa and they have been turning over their leadership people because of disagreements! I joined back in 96 but ended up dropping my membership after a long while! it seems that the old and the new gpaa leaders wont back you up when a issue arises ! in fact people that were in a gpaa state directors job have been banned for ANY confirtation with gpaa HQ. I personnaly don't see it continuing for long and then what happens to your lifetime membership if gpaa ceases? Out of luck! I cant even get the local club to drop ALL of my contact info from what they send out to other websites after asking them MANY times to do so! I still get out of state phone calls asking me where togo in misery. this DONT set well with me!!!!!!!!!!!! they wont even acknowledge my requests!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Annual fees---daily fees--non transferable---ain't what it was setup to be no more. New owners &^%$#-John

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no difference, they started as a for profit business and everything was a business decision and they are the same just new officers making business decisions.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As with many such orgs, it is a business pretending to be a club. Go find a "local yokel club" as Hoser John always says! Ask about who owns the club and how the money works...a good local club will be a nonprofit or will be open about being for profit and clear about why it's worth the $$. Either is ok by me, let's just be honest about it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread