Claim Boundaries

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Upvote 0

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
go to........ http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/......click on mining claims .....find your claim....get map coordinates.....then use your GPS to locate boundary's.... I cant believe you bought a claim without true boundary's written on paper? Normally the boundary's are what define the claim....all are broken down into quadrants....and so on...well anyways....good luck....hope you find your claim on the site....

db

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
I have used geocommunicator to look at the claim but havnt in a while and I couldn't remember if it has gps coordinates or not. I can't use it with the internet on my phone so i guess its time to whip out the old lap top. My dad originally bought the claim and has the paperwork but I havnt really looked through it to see if it has the boundaries. The current markers (if any left have wrotted away and I havnt been able to locate them.

I guess next dredging season I will have to get myself a gps.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a good 7.5 topo,a set a dial micrometers and plot it out. We had club contests to see ifn' anyone could beat Hosers accuracy and noboby ever did. Problem is gee wiz them hi falutn' bs don't work in at least 50% of the forests,canyons and gulleys. Old school rules in every situation except flat arse tabletop ground--John

jaguargene

Feb 8, 2011
I have a problems with filling out the claim forms, like

This claim is _____________ feet in length and _____________ feet in width. This claim runs
from the location monument on which this location notice is posted approximately _________ feet in a
________ direction to the _________ end line and _________ feet in a __________ direction to the
___________ end line. This claim is marked by six monuments, one at each corner and one at the center.

or

This claim is _____________ feet in length and _____________ feet in width. This claim runs from the
location monument on which this location notice is posted approximately _________ feet in a ___________
direction to the _________ end line and _________ feet in a __________ direction to the ___________ end line.

Please send me a samply,Many Thanks

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jaguargene- That is not needed to be filled out unless your claim IS NOT IN an area where there is a U.S. Public Land Survey (very unlikely as this is very very old school) , just use legal subdivision to decsribe the claim. (legal subdivision including aliquot part (A.P.) of section (such as E1/2NE1/4NE1/4), Section (Sec.), Township (T.), Range (R.) and Meridian (Mer.))

If you are having trouble read this: http://www.theprospector.com/html/howtostakeclaims4.html :read2:

And be careful not to claim over an existing claim or on land that isn't open for mineral entry.
Do Your Research as the BLM won't check it and it'll be a waste of money on your part. Visit the BLM office and County Recorder they can help you.

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Go to the county courthouse in the county where the claim is located. The recorders office there can retrieve the location notice and this should describe the boundries of your claim. You may be able to have them send you the info if your out of state but I'm not sure. BLM can also provide this info. Good luck. Jimmygoat

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good subject. I am interested in how you guys are plotting out boundary lines in the field. I have the USGS topos on a laptop, and can plug a hand held gps into it and get real time position on the topo map. Makes it easy to find boundaries, but like Hoser said, half the time GPS is worthless in the forest and ravines. So how does a guy do it without taking a surveying class?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:read2: Slope Scope by Meridian Products---Topographic Maps by the US Dept of the Interior/Geological Survey and listen to Gravel Hog. A calibrated caliper gives astounding accuracy and with a dial indicator the locations are within 0.0001 and that rocks as simply dial in the length/width--add in 1/2 the diameter of the pen/pencil lead your using and draw'r in. Ifn' ya don't add 1/2 the diameter you off quite a bit accordingingly--tons a au 2 u 2 -John :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread