Heading to Ecuador, South America for 3 months.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I leave in about 3 weeks for Ecuador, South America. I am bringing my Minelab Sovereign Gt md and my Grizzly 3 sluice. I will be down there for 3 months, and if things work out I will be coming back, regearing and returning. If you are from the area(Ecuador or Peru specifically) let me know. Ecuador is part of the Incan empire and has numerous unexplored areas and lots of old ruins just waiting to be detected. Along the northern coast are 7-10 shipwrecks still undiscovered. Locals frequently find artifacts and coins washed up on the beach after heavy storms.

The country is tiny with a huge variety of terrain. West is Pacific coast, central consists of the Andes mountains and east of the Andes is the Amazon rainforest. There is an insane amount of gold in this region of the world if you have the cojones to go there. The danger level is way overrated and if you stay as low key as possible, stay respectful and embrace the culture, you will be fine. Anyways, i will post updates as my trip progresses with photos. If you have an adventurous side and wish you were from a different time period(so like me, lol) this is the place to go. One of the few wild regions still in the world.

Cheers!

AA

Upvote 0

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
damn the bad luck, so many good people, then there are the ones that will steal the shirt off your back. sounds like petty thievery is alive and well in Ecuador. sorry to hear that but sh1t happens.

bill-cr

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident, i dont know if I could even trust a hired armed-guard, is there anyone you can trust that you can take prospecting with you over there? stay safe my friend

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow guys. I wasn't robbed at gunpoint. I have had a hell of a lot more crime done to me in the US in a 3 month period than i have here in Ecuador. It was simply a poor family, who unfortunately saw and took an opportunity. I might see about picking up a doggy to bring with me. I am heading back in a few days, and i will build a more concealed camp. This time i am packing a little lighter, and leaving the sluice behind. Stan Grist lent me his suction tube, so i will just focus on crevicing.

If I do happen to die, i will die relatively happy doing something that I absolutely love. How many people can truly say that?

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
When I was young and full of _____, i use to love the danger aspect. Put myself in some bad situations, that would have been easier to just walk away from. Put gray hairs on my wife, but I did enjoy thrill of the moment. Now that I am older, slower, fatter and maybe even wiser, I tend to be more aware of where I put myself. :icon_scratch:
AA, just take care and enjoy the moment. :thumbsup:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
June - Sept, dead thread ?
Have spent some time down south, live in CR, and and have an absolute rule; -> have a LOCAL guide/partner with you at all times.

Bill

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still here in Ecuador and things are going well. 7 of us are involved in a mining project i put together. We officially start in a little over a week. Our group consists of 3 gringos and 4 Ecuadorians. It should be productive.

AA

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never a good sign when someone goes to a remote CA or SA country then just stops posting o.o

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but you can speculate in various ways:

1. AA was very successful down in Ecuador and as a result, doesn't want to publicize. This would be smart.
or
2. AA was unsuccessful and went back to Alaska with his tail between his legs
or
3. Something "bad" happened

I'm hoping for #1 or #2.

Edit: If you search out AA's other posts, you'll see that he is alive and well and has changed direction from gold prospecting. Here's one that will catch you up: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/i...llowing-my-heart-torn-between-two-worlds.html

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread