Panned and ran the bazooka, plus loupe pics of some of the Au (Updated 3-03!)

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I spent some time tuesday around a spot I have only found fine gold at. Once I verified I was still finding about 1-2 30 to 80 mesh per pan, I setup the bazooka and worked it for an hour or so there. I did a cleanup and wasn't impressed. With how much material I had moved in that first spot (a 3 foot by 3 foot hole) and it was from the top of a saprolite false bedrock, this was the take:

So I went upstream panning as I went, and stopped moving up once the pans stopped showing color. Then I backtracked to the last place that had shown decent color and worked there for about another hour. The gold was slightly chunkier there, and more fine gold as well. And I still hadnt hit false bedrock or bedrock before it was time to go.

After that I had to head back to feed the dogs and other stuff. Once I got all that done at the house I took some cleanup pics, and then got the ( vantage 10x) loupe out and took some pics of the gold through it. At least now I found another spot that ought to be good next time I get out.

Here's my take for the day.

Here's some of it through the loupe:

Some of the other pieces of gold I have found in this spot have had black sulfides attached to them and quartz, I didn't see any like that in this bunch though. Next time If I see any of those I will try to get a pic of them through the loupe.

Upvote 0

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Re: Panned and ran the bazooka some tuesday, plus loupe pics of some of the Au

You gonna have to relick that calf on the photos. :icon_scratch:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

May want to check some of the other concentrates in your gold pan. Looks like possibility of platinum group (tiny) in there as well.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Redredge with a over/under real surface dredge and you'll get at least double that take. John :read2:

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Panned and ran the bazooka some tuesday, plus loupe pics of some of the Au

Thanks for the replies guys, I am getting closer to the source.

Today I went back there and setup the bazooka almost on top of the spot. I worked it for about 2-3 hours total, which was all the free time I had after class and before I had some other stuff to do. Because the bazooka was close and I could shovel straight into it, I was able to dig out a seven foot wide by about 3-4 foot deep hole. Also I hit false bedrock this time, so I cleaned off the top couple inches off that stuff. Here's how I had the bazooka setup.

First cleanup of the bazooka to check I was in a decent spot.

2 Test pan's checking if there was still color at different ends of the hole I dug. This was what was in both pans.

2nd cleanup of the bazooka.

Still the 2nd cleanup of the bazooka, I used the tap method to bring most of the color up to the top so it would be easier to see.

And this was the final take for the day. Its no nugget but not bad for a couple hours. And from my test pans, that ground still has a lot of potential.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Color and looks like your into the heavies.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
There just isn't anything like grown men playing in the Crick. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread