Anyone pan/ sluice the Yuba river in or near grass valley>

daydreamer

Dec 22, 2005
CHICO- Northern California
Detector(s) used
anything handy
I was just up there and the gold is still coming out. Try any fork of the Yuba river in a legally open area, you need to move lots of material to find anything so I would not take less than a sluice. A man can still turn up some color in those woods - keep your eyes open for silver too.

I just spent two weeks running a dredge and the color is there for the hard working- hard working.

Attachments

• IM000204.JPG
    IM000204.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 867

Southernhunter

Sep 21, 2006
Florida
I used to live in GV & mined 4 claims my brother owned on the north fork. I imagine his claims are gone now but we used to spend the whole summer in the river valley & finance it with the material we sold in the assayers shop in downtown GV.
Better believe theres material there brother ;D
Frankly I found the American river to yield quite well also but it was a little out of my neck of the woods at the time as we lived near North San Juan.

jeff194307

Greenie
Dec 26, 2005
Monmouth IL
Way back in the eary 60's when I was stationed at Mather AFB, My friends and I would go to the Hwy 49 bridge over the south fork of the Yuba and hike upstream on the right side of the road as you cross the bridge going toward North San Juan. About a mile or so upstream is a place where there used to be a ford from some abandoned road. There was a guy there who had a full fledged mine on the south side of the river and he was making a living off the ore he found.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the best open area nearly in your backyard.Go to Purdone crossing outta Nevada City,there is a parking lot.Go upriver,look for blue clay where the river comes up EVERY year. Below the highwater mark there is some GREAT gold.We dredged all the forks for years and many MANY pounds came from the Purdone area upstream.If ya have a detector alls the better as HUGE nuggets are there for the pickn'.Tons a au 2 u 2-John
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread