GPAA LOCAL CLUBS

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering joining the GPAA, my buddy in Western North Carolina has been a member for a couple of years. He has not been to any events, but if I join I'd like to join a local club...I live in Greenwood, SC and understand that there is a club in Augusta, and one in Seneca... Are there any members of either club on here that can give me any advise on these 2 clubs? I am closer to Augusta, but my buddy lives near Seneca and I would not mind driving that far!! Just wondering what anyone thought...
Shawn

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sackett

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this post up here for a couple of days, with no responses? Are there any GPAA members on here from other places, than SC? If so what can you tell me about joining the GPAA. Right now it ain't lookin' too good...At least for this part of the USA and I live right in the middle of one of the biggest Gold Rushes in the history of the USA!! Troy, SC>> 8 miles from McCormick, SC>>.
Thanks,
Shawn

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be a member of the GPAA. My guess you may have better luck in the state section to see if anyone will response to you. I live in Ohio and I had to travel to far to get to a GPAA land so it was not worth it for me to keep paying the money every year and to be lucky to get to one event a year. Then I would have to travel a hunderd miles to get ot it. Have you done a yahoo search for GPAA in SC to see what you come up with.....Matt

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
I used to be a member of the GPAA. My guess you may have better luck in the state section to see if anyone will response to you. I live in Ohio and I had to travel to far to get to a GPAA land so it was not worth it for me to keep paying the money every year and to be lucky to get to one event a year. Then I would have to travel a hunderd miles to get ot it. Have you done a yahoo search for GPAA in SC to see what you come up with.....Matt

I joined GPAA about a month ago. I live in the Austin, Texas area. The only place to even find any gold around here is the Llano River in Kingsland. I hadn't been there yet and I heard it is only flour gold with very little flake. I figured I could go out, (this weekend maybe), and get my experience in panning.

I am however am going to make plans in the future to visit some of the GPAA claims across the country as well as maybe some virgin land. To me the fees are not that much for membership.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Harley, You need to make the Motherload Hunt in Calcrazy. :thumbsup:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Harley, You need to make the Motherload Hunt in Calcrazy. :thumbsup:

Hey GC, I am going to the RRGPAA for their outings in March in Kingsland and April at the Halliburton property in Llano. Hopefully I can find something, if not, I can learn from some experienced people there who has been going there for years!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Read the river, it will usually tell you where to look. :thumbsup: Study old/new aerial photos and topo maps to determin where the old river channel would have been. :dontknow:

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Harley...

GC is right... read the river.. try to imagine, by seeing what is happening at low water... what went on when the river is at high flood stage..Try to imagin where the eddy currents would have been... once you feel confident in that..start digging and panning...until you hit the color........This is called "prospecting"...

Hey GC.. call me...have a question for you..

Klondike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread