enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have access with the regular membership.
HH
enamel7

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, I'm out of the loop. I thought it was $70.00.

Oh well, either way - you don't need the life membership. If you pay your money every year, you get to go to all the claims.

We have a lifetime membership - so, I don't keep up with the prices - but, just so you know - you do pay extra for the "outings", whether you
have a lifetime membership or a regular one.

Beth

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will have to look around the forum here more but since I found this topic.

Question:

like he said "exactly how does it benefit a person to be a member"
also
What is the best way to become part of the local community of metal detection enthusiasts?

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
mrs.oroblanco said:
Gosh, I'm out of the loop. I thought it was $70.00.

Oh well, either way - you don't need the life membership. If you pay your money every year, you get to go to all the claims.

We have a lifetime membership - so, I don't keep up with the prices - but, just so you know - you do pay extra for the "outings", whether you
have a lifetime membership or a regular one.

Beth

your chapter should have outings that you can go to and it should not cost anything unless you go to one of the pay to dig places like longs on the llano but you will have to pay for the big GPAA/LDMA outings or the alaska trip.

John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
mu50stang said:
Does anyone here have a GPAA Membership. Is it worth joining. If I buy the $60.00 plan does that allow me access to claims or do I need to sign up for the life membership. Thanks again.
it all depends on what you want out of the membership!and can you access many of the claims without driving long distances to get there. theres probly a club close to you GPAA or not) that you can join first (free) to see if you like it and what the club has to offer to teach you if you need teaching!

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be a GPAA member. I never found any gold on the GPAA claims I went to .

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
GPAA is a great organization. I think everyone should belong!! We need to become more organizes or I think we will loose most of our rights as prospectors. Also, if You can attand a GPAA Gold Show like the one in Las Vegas this weekend it's really worth it. JB

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
Cherokee_Kidd said:
I used to be a GPAA member. I never found any gold on the GPAA claims I went to .

lmao if prospecting was easy there would be a bunch of girl scouts getting rich digging for gold with barbies strapped to their ruksacks using plastic buckets and shovels.

there is plenty of gold on the gpaa claims if ya know where to look but the days of the 49'er are gone you cant just walk around and pick up nug's (doesnt stop me from looking though) i always find some gold, sometimes a little sometimes allot but its there to be found.

i hear it all the time from people (there aint no gold there) and i go right behind them and find it right where they quit digging, prospecting is not easy and takes a lifetime to really learn how to squeeze that stuff out of the dirt but it can be done if you listen to the people that really have a clue instead of the ones that talk a line of crap and show you a bunch of nugs they bought off ebay.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a few GPAA members who do pretty good only prospecting on GPAA claims but I never found any on the claims and I spent atleast a week sometimes 2 in a area before I headed to another claim . I did learn alot back then because GPAA members are knowitalls. I prefer to prospect alone or with 1 other person . I remember when I was with GPAA there were always people walking up to me talking to me and asking questions or telling me how to do this or that , I remember one day I couldn't get anything done because these guys from somewhere back east kept talking to me all day . It was funny cause they kept bringing me rocks asking if they had gold in them or asking how far down the gold is and stuff like that.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
i know exactly what you are talking about lol
some of them still try and tell me how to find gold but i just tell them i have it covered and keep digging.

im headed to colorado this weekend with a bud to the GPAA arkansas claims to do some hard core dredging and camping.
come on up and we WILL find some color.

i learned from my stepdad and he was a gold grubber from hell lmao

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
BEFORE you get to far in your plans for the Arkansa group claims for dredgeing you better check the GPAA status for that claim and the NEW dredge staus for that (club) claim. you cant dredge there from what ive heard. Blake Harmon told them basically to kiss off!this restriction is only for club claims.individual claims arent affected by this. see if you can find someone with a claim that will allow you to dredge their claim! dont ruin your trip there by not checking first......

im headed to colorado this weekend with a bud to the GPAA arkansas claims to do some hard core dredging and camping.
come on up and we WILL find some color.

i learned from my stepdad and he was a gold grubber from hell lmao
[/quote]

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
russau said:
BEFORE you get to far in your plans for the Arkansa group claims for dredgeing you better check the GPAA status for that claim and the NEW dredge staus for that (club) claim. you cant dredge there from what ive heard. Blake Harmon told them basically to kiss off!this restriction is only for club claims.individual claims arent affected by this. see if you can find someone with a claim that will allow you to dredge their claim! dont ruin your trip there by not checking first......

I have a few backup claims that i will be hitting too but i will also check into the status of the arkansas group just in case.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
mu50stang said:
Does anyone here have a GPAA Membership. Is it worth joining. If I buy the $60.00 plan does that allow me access to claims or do I need to sign up for the life membership. Thanks again.
It would help to know where you are located. If you are for example you are located in OK and don't leave the state it would be a waste. The $60/70 is for the year and includes access to all GPAA claims in the guide book. The guide book is updated every two or three years.

mrcruger

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
expo

GPAA is a great organization. I think everyone should belong!! We need to become more organizes or I think we will loose most of our rights as prospectors. Also, if You can attand a GPAA Gold Show like the one in Las Vegas this weekend it's really worth it. JB

Do you have to be a GPAA member to go to an expo?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't believe so. It's a trade fair and they want your money by letting you in to see things that you'll hopefully buy.

All the best,

Lanny

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I let my membership lapse in November, simply because with my wife in a nursing home, I really can't go anywhere. I'm a member of a local club, and go out as often as possible. The miner's guide, and magazines don't benefit me that much, so I let it go. I am a member of PLP, and continue to support that good work.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you plan to get a membership wait until the 2014 book is out. GPAA will NOT forward you the updated book unless you purchase a two year membership of which I think stinks. You will get only the 2012 book with a 1 year membership if purchased before the new book is out. The new book will be out in a few months.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread