Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Gold cube

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10511 times
    Prospecting
    And don't push recirc too far as water with a lot of sediment in it is thicker (higher viscosity) and will carry gold better so you will lose gold into your tailings fairly significantly. Go back a couple episodes of Gold Rush to see the Dakota Boys make that mistake!
    GoldpannerDave likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4396 times
    Very good pointers Mike! a couple of years back,at a club outting, i was suprised that nobody was useing anything in their panning water! no jet dry or clay-b-gone. one guy came up to me while i was panning some material and asked how i kept my water so clean. i showed him and added a little into his tub. then everyone got word of it and i added it to all of their tubs.man were they suprised.
    Herby D likes this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4118 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mu50stang View Post
    Has anyone used the gold cube? Any comments on this. I was debating either to get a gold cube or a dredge and highbanker combo. Which would be better? Thanks.

Highbanker/dredge combos are not the best highbanker or dredge to have.
    The sluice is usually built as a compromise between the two that leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

When you are highbanking classification is the key to fine gold recovery. Fine gold is the bread and butter of the small scale miner. Nuggets are getting more rare every day. Dredging needs a whole different sluice configuration than highbanking due to the limited amount of classification available.

Not saying that you cant successfully adapt the sluice for the two methods if you have a working knowledge of exactly what it is that you are trying to achieve, be prepared to adapt the sluice or you wont get the best recovery for your time spent running material.

*ADDED: Just now realized this was an old thread I had answered before reading the above posts.

Congrats on getting the Cube!
    I prospect in Indiana too, The Cube was a wise purchase for capturing the fine glacial gold the state is known for.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 28, 2014 at 06:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links