impact mill then shaker table for all minus 30 black sands

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mu50stang said:
Whats your favorite method for recovering gold after you have concentrated it down. Or do you use multiple methods.

8" pan, Blue bowl.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
The area I work, almost all the gold I find is real small. Should I classify it to 30,50,70,100 and blue bowl it, or should I pan it first and blue bowl it. Thanks.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
mu50stang said:
The area I work, almost all the gold I find is real small. Should I classify it to 30,50,70,100 and blue bowl it, or should I pan it first and blue bowl it. Thanks.

For the blue bowl I run all that will go through the 30 mesh, no need to go smaller.

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
Nitro 54 said:
mu50stang said:

For the blue bowl I run all that will go through the 30 mesh, no need to go smaller.

i have a blue bowl as well and use a 30 and 50 mesh classifier, took me a while to figure this out but just a 30 mesh is fine, but my method I like to leave a lot of the black sand (smaller mesh) and gold of course in the bowl and make sure there is 0 blonde sand left, then I snuffer everything out and into my finishing pan where I back-wash-tap to seperate the gold. this has worked really well for me and after gold is snuffered out of pan, i snuffer my black sands up and place into bucket to be heated up on a cold winter day! :D

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little camel spiral wheel works for me. :icon_thumleft:
However once I get a blue bowl I will run my little camel tailings and see if I can squeeze any more gold out, cuz I'm sure there has to be some very fine dust I'm missing :tongue3:

My Little Camel with aftermarket wheel....
camel.jpg

GG~

Attachments

• camel.jpg
    camel.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 258

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Nice little rig Buddy. :thumbsup:

Thanks GC that photo was taken a few years ago right after I upgraded the wheel. Not sure if the "little camel" is still made, (I think this one is from the late 1980's) at least not with the canvas tailing bag which I didn't use anyway because it was a hassle to clean and dry so I use a plastic tray instead, But I really like the way it runs black sand concentrates.

The owners manual states " Don't let the small size of this machine fool you. it is not a toy. It can pan over 100 pounds of sand or concentrates per hour!" I usually do about 50 lbs an hour after screening to 20 mesh first. And I always run the tailings back through at least once.

GG~

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, hey, Goodyguy,

We have the aftermarket wheel, too - I broke my other one. :-\

The only difference is that ours is in a black and gray "box", and we added a little solar panel trickle charger, hooked to a horse trailer battery, instead of a big battery. I love it. We sit and eat dinner, and put the camel between us, feeding it with concentrates while we feed us with food and coffee.

Beth

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Hey, hey, Goodyguy,

We have the aftermarket wheel, too - I broke my other one. :-\

The only difference is that ours is in a black and gray "box", and we added a little solar panel trickle charger, hooked to a horse trailer battery, instead of a big battery. I love it. We sit and eat dinner, and put the camel between us, feeding it with concentrates while we feed us with food and coffee.

Beth

I love to watch the gold make it's way to the center hole and then disappear into the catch cup. :icon_sunny:
Still have the original creme colored wheel but I like this one much better.

It's very relaxing to sit and feed the wheel after a hard day prospecting. I also use an adapter to run it off household current when at home or near an outlet. Do you use jet-dri in yours or something else?

GG~

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope - Jet-dri all the time.

We have tried a few other things when we first got it - but went back to Jet-Dri.

I know what you mean about watching that work its way into the hole. I've never tried hooking it to ac - the horse trailer battery is small enough to bring in the basement.

It's also great to have all your stuff for it in one place. The cup (and a couple extras), the little battery and the jet-dri all fit quite easily.

And, of course, the clean up from THAT is always exciting!!!!!

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread