Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the day.....

I used a common utility sink... one you'd find next to a washer and dryer.. I tied 1/8 screen over the top...I tried several ways of securing it...The best I had, was to fashion of frame of wood...of 2x2... that would fit tightly around the top, but under the top lip of the utility sink and secured the screen to the 2x2 with screws..and the screw the wood tightly around the sink top...

Now just shovel in some cons...and a small flow of water from the garden hose....once you've completed washing your cons... pull the plug and wash the 1/8 in minus flow into the bucket and take it to the cube...

When the screen wears out.. it is really easy to change....using this method...

That's what I did.. but I am sure there are so many different ideas...

Good luck..

Klondike

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondikeike,
That sounds like a great idea, would it work to run the cons straight to the cube from the sink drain? Might depend on water flow. Just a thought.

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JOG..

It worked good for what it was...

I think you would have too much water in the tub and the flow would be too high...to directly to a cube...or any other simple recovery system...

I had made a set of screens...1/2 in...1/4 in... and 1/8 in....

Back in the day didn't have all the technology we have today.. so doing this was really easy, fast and made panning each classification really easy...

Try to find a used plastic or composite utility sink at a garage sale... some new ones can be kind of spendy... if a garage sale one doesn't have legs, you can buy new ones at a place like Home Depot...

I built a short wood stand for it so a 5 Gal bucket would fit under the sink easily ...and screwed the sink legs down to the stand....

Klondike...

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
Here is what I came up with. Its grizzly style classifier that im going to setup over a tub on an angle. It classifies to 3/16 which is good for the gold cube. I have run 1/4 throught the cube and it still grabs the gold so the 3/16 should be fine. I'm going to add a spray bar to it also. Let me know what you guys think. I have about $15 invested in it so far.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,002

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this will work get you a 12 volt 300 to 500 gpm water pump and when you do your spray bars drill it at maybe a 1/16 inch spray hole I drilled mine at an 1/8 inch holes and it blows the material off my classifier

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mu50stang said:
Here is what I came up with. Its grizzly style classifier that im going to setup over a tub on an angle. It classifies to 3/16 which is good for the gold cube. I have run 1/4 throught the cube and it still grabs the gold so the 3/16 should be fine. I'm going to add a spray bar to it also. Let me know what you guys think. I have about $15 invested in it so far.

You are going to get long flat pieces through those conduit bars without a screen over them.
Which is typical of the bar type grizzly's.

They could possibly lodge in the gold cube traps :dontknow:
Not recommended to run over 1/8" material in the gold cube for best results.

Here is one way to classify into the cube:

Personally I would not have run more than the recommended 1100 gal per hr water into the gold cube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread